Promise Acres Rabbit Thread

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still no litters. But have 7 does exposed. Nestboxes go in for 2 this Thursday. Polkadot x Royal, Polish and Opa x Stormtrooper, Mini rex. :fl
New Years Eve I picked up my new VL buck, a blue from the COD holder. Very nice boy. :weee calling him Basal. He has bred 3 does so far.
Current numbers: Mini Rex 3 bucks, 5 does; Polish 3 bucks, 2 does (one is Jocelyn's pet Chocolate ) Velveteen lop : 5 bucks, 5 does and 2 pet does. So 25.... probably should cut numbers a bit until we move but.... :idunno I only have room for 1 more cage... but 6 open cages....so we'll see. The 2 VL pets can go back outside once the weather warms up. probably won't add meatpen breeders until after we move. I will have more than 5x the space available for the bunnies. :celebrate

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well Polka-dot the polish had her litter today...on the wire and no nest at all. Thought they were gone, brought them in and they all "came" alive. Now to figure out if she'll feed them....and will "shelve" them with the cold, temps will be in the teens tomorrow morning. There's 4 kits 79E3CFE4-D47C-4EAB-B8B8-A61505F7D60A.jpeg @Bunnylady any advice to get her to feed them? Took the out to her and she ignored them...will try again tomorrow morning while I do chores.

Last edited:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well all 4 got fed, had to hold Polka... still zero interest. They are snuggled back inside. 53F77FDF-B9D3-4735-9CB1-1D7E41B449A3.jpegThere’s 2 broken blacks, 1 broken blue and a blue

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
5D944C81-D07F-4AE7-AA41-B33D7C9C9CCE.jpeg Just the blue is left... started some homemade formula last night after we lost one and two of the three wouldn’t latch on. But still lost them this morning. The blue nursed from mom didn’t seem to get much but didn’t want the formula when I offered. Sigh... guess I had to try.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
How do you keep a single kit warm?
I had him in our room with the woodstove in a nest of fur but he was gone when we got home... so probably not the person to ask... when he had siblings they were in our bathroom... but felt slightly cool. 2 more litters due the 25th though pretty sure only 1 doe settled.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awww! Hate that they didn’t do well.

Just asked out of curiosity. I’m learning little by little from several of you on here.
He was warm...but maybe too warm??? But pretty sure he wasn't getting enough to eat... plus never could get them to pee. Just doomed from the start.

Latest posts