Promise Acres Rabbit Thread

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
More bunnies due just in time for some more frigid temps...:barnie
Isn't that always the way it works? I used to go to my calendar, count down 4 weeks, then over 3 days, and circle the date, and say, "we will have a cold snap right about here, because I've just bred some does and that's when they are due.":he

Wishing you good luck with yours.:fl

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Opa our homegrown chocolate mini Rex pulled fur, due tomorrow. No one else is showing any clear signs they are or not... :\
but Nairobi (VL) is acting off... being picky with her feed and wanting attention...she is due Thursday... but Miss Skittles and Show finally figured things out this afternoon!!! Always a good sign when the VL does lift without intervention...:weee
Specials kits are too cute! 936E6C34-6D7B-444F-B92A-1EC133143935.jpegC36C0E73-B6F2-4287-AEBF-5AC7AFFAF427.jpeg

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good luck, hope you get kits and that your does took! We didn't breed any of our does as of yet...with all the snow, ice/snow and cold temps that we have been getting just haven't had the time..

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good luck, hope you get kits and that your does took! We didn't breed any of our does as of yet...with all the snow, ice/snow and cold temps that we have been getting just haven't had the time..
Got to get jrs for 4h... plus hopefully will get more than 1 litter per forgot my VLs our fair is 4th of July week...

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Brought the newborns in as they were chilled. 4 warmed up nicely by the fire, lost one but it was a dwarf. One of the 4 may also be a dwarf. We will see. Will take them to their mom during evening chores to feed.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
And we lost them... came home after being gone several hours and they all had passed.... guessing too warm??? Idk these stupid record lows are getting old..:rant. nothing I do seems to be right... the mini rex and polish definitely seem more sensitive than the velveteen lops.... as I have never had a whole litter of them up and get cold..even during winter, the shed hasnt been under freezing. idk maybe it's just the lower numbers... but 5 is a good number for the mini rex... we have several due Thursday... shouldn't have to worry about temps again but who knows... the does aren't prepping in any case...

Animal lover 345

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Help my rabbit is not having baby's she is 7 months old and their is a 3 year old male rabbit in with her why is she not having baby's what am I doing wrong ??