Promise Acres Rabbit Thread

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sallandar is what another color guru thought.
Now we'll see what the white bunny's eyes turn out to be. They're doing great, 6 days days and rolly polly. The two darker ones definately are looking chin.

Have both a mini rex and polish nesting, and a 2nd MR with a box. Due Thursday, Friday and then Sunday. And then another VL next week.:bunny
Here's the two litters so far. Pretty sure the two MR are bucks... took a video of the wiggly fat VL for fb but still have't figured out how to get videos to load here...
litterp0o1a.jpg
litterp0n1a.jpg

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
blchinbaby.jpg
chinbaby.jpg
:bunny VL kits have started to open their eyes... not the REW/frosty one yet but.... we definitely have the chin gene! The two MR kits are 4 weeks old tomorrow.. both are bucks...:rolleyes: so only 1 jr for the fair so far.
No new kits yet this week, one MR is on day 32 and I can feel kits, she has made a so so nest... but holding out for some reason. The other MR won't look at her nest box and is day 31... last year her litters were small and none of the kits made it... thought she did raise some fosters. I was hoping for one more litter. She's just 2 and half but maybe she's done. The Polish is due Sunday and has a nice hay nest. Sunday another box goes in for a VL and boxes for a MR and Polish in a week. :fl

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
41D8B5B7-1B37-4B3F-B05C-727ED9395E71.jpeg
Newest litter, there are 3 kits in there
B1B4C11B-0EED-4E1F-80C2-5FD9E52C0904.jpeg
White VL has dark eyes... so he is a frosty.
A5181693-D83C-4055-B35F-D8B4638F98F5.jpeg
and if you can see a 4 week old mr is getting supper

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_2851.JPG
Not sure if you can see the but the chocolate 4 week old bunny is sitting on top of his Mom..:gig
IMG_2857.JPG
IMG_2858.JPG
Single Polish bunny survived out of 4, born yesterday, Looks like they had a rough birth...all had bruising. Cuddles the Mom is doing great for her first litter. Keeping the little guy plenty warm with her lovely nest. Was encouraged he survived day 1.
IMG_2859.JPG
And one of the 2 week old VL escaped this morning. :bunny
The younger MR litter is doing fine also Have a black, a blue and a blue otter. Have a VL due tomorrow, but she's more interested in eating the straw in her box than making a nest so am doubtful she settled.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_2878.JPG
Mini Rex litter, 6 days old, the blue otter is under there., not easy to get photos of them. IMG_2873.JPGIMG_2876.JPGTook the VL's nest box out, they're doing great...Nairobi isn't to to thrilled. But is a very good mama.
IMG_2866.JPGPadame and Winnie are happy for their sheds in the outside pen. Rotten things have been running off as soon as the gate opens.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So we had one NZ have her kits. She had 8, they're 2 weeks old and doing great.
We have the 2 polish litters whom are doing great and 2 Mini rex litters, the oldest are now weaned. Had one more but the mama squished the single survivor about day 3... that's strike 2 for her. And just the one VL litter whom are doing great, they are 6 weeks old and a lovely bunch. I need to get some photos soon.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mopsy's litter is out of the nest box, I attempted a shorter box but Mopsy just moved it around... Lost one over the weekend with the high temps. :(
IMG_3253.JPG

And Miss Skittles finally gave me a litter, she's over 2 and this is her first! 5 on day 33
IMG_3256.JPG

It's been interesting to me this year that our VL are having small litters, 4-5 for all 3 so far. In the past I've had 7-13... averaging 8-9 but they're having them. Last year we only had 2 VL litters all year. Only the oldest litter is weaned but very happy with quality. I rebred Nairobi back and she's due in a couple of weeks. Will be wrapping up our breeding season soon. Especially with the heat.