Proud Ribbon Winners!!

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We're back from our first fair, the Grays Harbor County Fair in Washington State. We did great at our Highland show (now a points show for the first time, YAY!). Annabel took Reserve Champion Heifer Calf, and T-Bone took Grand Champion Bull Calf and Grand Champion Bull!! I'll post pics later today when I wake up a bit more.

Can't wait for the Puyallup Fair next month!

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
Congrats! We knew you could do it!
But why is it that all the people going to shows are tired?????

MReit is at her second fair this week: heat index is over 100 and storms are due daily. Let's hope there are water battles.

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We'll be at the Puyallup Fair September 16-21, and our show is on the 18th (Friday) at 1:00, I believe. I'm glad I know what to expect now, and also glad I am still unemployed, because if I'd had to go to work today I would have been totally worthless!!

IMMG, DH told me this afternoon he KNEW how physically hard and grueling it would be and for some reason didn't tell me! I had to say "thanks a lot!" Sheesh. Lucky for us, our 100+ degree odd-ball weather had abated and it didn't get over 70 degrees out at the fair...in fact a couple of days it was down right chilly in the beef barn. I'll take that over the heat we'd had the previous week any day!

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
Amy, I would have told you too, but you didn't ask!! You gotta pace yourself. Must be all that fresh air:)
I used to sleep out as chaperone all week with my 5 kids. By Friday I'd go home and let the other parents have the fun. I just wanted my bed!

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
YAY for you guys! It's nice when all that hard work and good, selective breeding pay off! :weee :thumbsup
I can't wait to see pics! :frow

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A few photos, as promised!

Picture072.jpg
DH showing T-Bone

Grand_Champion_Bull_Skookumchucks_T.jpg

T-Bone with his ribbons

Picture063.jpg
Annabel and her ribbons in the show ring (need to work on her foot placement!)

Picture111.jpg
Our exhibit area (next time I'll bring a gallon of cheap white paint like the more seasoned folks do!)

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yay! ... I love going to the shows and watching the highland classes go. I just love highlands LOL.. Theres a farm near me that has highlands and I remember going to the horse auction back in the day and you had to shoo the owners highlands out of the riding arena before you tried out any horses.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
YAY!!!! Thanks for the PICS!!! :love :celebrate
T-Bone is looking good......is he still a bull or did you steer him, I can't remember?
Annabel...looks thoroughly un-thrilled to be there, but she will figure it out. her lighter color topknot cracks me up. is it from sun bleaching, or was it always like that?
they both look great, you should be proud. :clap