Symphony

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Symphony said:
babsbag said:
I came home from work and of course I went straight to the barn to see the pups. They all met me at the gate to say hello and get some pats on the head and then, 1.2.3. :idunno

I guess it was a tough day in the barnyard. It was like Dorothy in the poppy fields in the Wizard of Oz. :)

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/1856_2013-02-21_170556.jpg http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/1856_2013-02-21_170439.jpg
:love Puppies are wonderful.

X2!! :love

I love the black one too, but I think white is a better choice for the middle of the desert. :cool:

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
How many of these adorable little buggers are still available?! We're like 3 days in at staying at the new house and my whether got attacked by a dog yesterday morning. Dogs dug into the pen and tore him up pretty bad. $439 vet bill later and dbf is finally convinced! I know theyre not going to guard for a couple years but I want to start with a pup!

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
babsbag said:
Mamaboid said:
I must have that black one, I must, I must I tell you. ..........Trying to figure out how to get puppy to PA......
One is going to San Diego and the buyer found a ride for it by posting a request on BackYardChickens. Just happens that someone near me has a DH that goes to San Diego once a month and it taking the pup.. A little closer to me than PA is though. :/

I don't think priority mail would work very well; he is to big for the box.:D
LOL Just saw this post. Finding transportation would be very difficult if not impossible as I know NOBODY west of Indiana. I tell you honestly though that is the only reason I am not telling you he is sold. :he

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that all the pups will be gone by this weekend accept for the one that I keeping for a few more weeks before he goes to San Diego. The black one will be going to work on a huge sheep ranch along with one of his brothers.

I have fallen in love with all of them and is so hard to have them leave :hit

Last year I didn't play with them much as I still had the idea that they shouldn't really be bonded to people so I kept my distance other than an occasional pat on the head. These guys get daily tummy rubs and come running to see me when I call "pup pup puppies" . They are so much fun.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is the last of the liter and he will be going to San Diego in a few weeks to live with BYH member WhiteMountainsRanch. My son named him Diego for now.

1856_photo.jpg

Last night his mom was deep in the field barking at coyotes at the our pond and he was safe in the barn with the goats; barking too. A good LGD in the making, hope he gets a little braver :) I know that when my LGDs bark at a predator my border collie house dogs give a few barks and scratch at the back door to come in. Brave souls for sure.

Latest posts