Purebred Nigerian Dwarf Buckling for Sale in Eastern NC

Tarheelbilly

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Coltrane is a registerable, purebred Nigerian Dwarf buckling. He was born 10/26/10 as a single birth to a first freshener. Both parents are onsite. He has an excellent pedigree. Sire has *S on both sides of his pedigree. Dam was born on a dairy farm and comes from good dairy lines. I'm retaining his father. I have a VERY small herd but I am breeding for good dairy characterisitics, good temperment, and parasite resistance. He is $150 with registration information, $100 without.

Tarheelbilly

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
It won't let me upload them. :-(
I'd be happy to send you some if you're interested, though. I'm a new member (lurker forever, though!) so I haven't met the requirements to post images yet.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome! I'm on just about every OTHER homestead/chicken/cow/goat board and forum, so it's only fitting that I'm here! :)

Tarheelbilly

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
5879_007.jpg

Yeah! I guess I only had to post more than once, lol.

**OH-- And he's from a CL/CAE free herd. I DO test. Last test completed last March, and all animals were clean. I purchased a buck last March from a CL/CAE free herd.** I practice FAMACHA and worm only when necessary. Gosh, I should've written all this first, huh?

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Where are you actually located at? My daddy has been looking for a blue eyed Nigerian Dwarf for his herd. He would not be interested in registration. If you aren't too far away for him he may be interested in him, I will have to send him an email about this buck.

ETA: You can PM me the information if you don't want it public.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
I sent my dad the information on Coltrane. Also happened to find the CL ad for him too and sent him that link as well. You definately have him priced within the price range my dad was looking for. The only issue may be distance but I am not sure how far he is willing to travel for a buck. I would love it if he got him because I could see him when we visit my parents! ;)

Tarheelbilly

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Cole is a great little buckling! I love his sire, Hubbub. I purchased Hubbub last spring to service my does. I have a one year old daughter, and he's NOT aggressive towards her at all. Cole is dam raised, so he's kind of shy still. His sire is such an easy keeper that I'm retaining him and plan to use him again next season. I just purchased a Nubian, and given dad's strong milking lines, I'm thinking of breeding him to her next season (she's currently bred and due in March/April) for a few mini-Nubians. I don't have a ton of space, so I keep them on a dry lot right now and feed them hay. In the spring, they have pasture to forage around on, but they do get the run of the backyard as the weather permits. Goofy goats. ;-) Anyway, I hope that Cole goes to a great home. I'd keep him, but I really can't justify having 2 related bucks. I think that he'd make a pretty decent herd sire for someone who wanted to improve without moving up to the $500+ range.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
What does Hubbub look like? Actually even better do you have pictures of both of Coles parents? ;)

Latest posts