First Time Goat.Mum

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
458376F7-4436-4EF6-A727-62614FEF64D4.jpeg
D6F6A3C3-0405-4185-B622-FBCD8B78FE24.jpeg
So today I decided to research and make sure our goats were properly disbudded and banded. After looking at a few things I saw that ours were not as most people’s looked. From what I saw most were brown and copper but ours are a deep purple. The dsibudding was done about two weeks ago but the first picture was only 2-4 days after. What does this mean? Was it done properly?

First Time Goat.Mum

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It looks like they sprayed it with something
What does it look like now ?
Do you see any signs of infection?
Do they act like they are sick?
Do they have a temperature?
If done w weeks ago it is probably fine

It looks browner today, still a hint of purple. Dilbert is now on a probiotic and a type of elctrolytes so he seemed a bit out of it today. Cooper seems very well though so I don’t think any of these symptoms are due to the disbudding spots.

GLENMAR

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Did you say they were already banded?? They look way too young for that.

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like Blukote. It's a wound spray. I prefer Alumashield but some people prefer Blukote. Their disbudding looks pretty normal.

If they are banded, yes, it's much sooner than suggested. I try to wait until 10-12 weeks and won't band a day before 9 even if it means I have to separate from dam and the girls. If they are banded already make sure to research feeding wethers and watch their Ca:ph rations as they will be more prone to Urinary Calculi.