Purplequeenvt - Lambing 2023

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a surprise 3-day weekend (co-worker begged me to switch weekends with her last night) so I spent a few hours in the barn shearing today. I’m done with all the bred ewes!

There’s a couple questionable ewes that are probably pregnant and the last one I sheared, Jura, does not look pregnant at all. I have her as getting marked 3 times. She’s only 2, but I’m not sure if I’ll give her a 2nd chance or not. She’s dumb, ditzy, and flighty. The only things in her favor are her color (she’s silver) and that she’s my only gray daughter out of my sweet old girl, Minnie. I have Hirta, Jura’s twin, too. She’s white, is built better, and is whole lot less stupid.

I’ve got 4 little ones to shear on the girl side of the barn and then I can start the boys. Only 11 more to go (assuming I can count).

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I questioned whether P-Ewe was even pregnant when I sheared her and then a couple days after…..boom. Boobs and belly. She still has a month to go.

There’s 3 that I’m not sure are pregnant. They aren’t due until the end of March so things could change.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
No lambs yet, but I finally did something that I’ve been wanting to get set up for years.

I got cameras out in the barn! I’m not overly worried about lambing issues, but I work 2nd shift so I’m at work or asleep during prime lambing hours. Now I can spy on the sheep while I’m at work. That way, if there is an issue, I can get someone to help.

I got 2 WYZE pan V3 cameras. They pan and tilt so between the 2 cameras, I can see all of the pen except 1 tiny corner by the gate.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
How are the cams powered? What was required to set them up...beyond actual hooking to a wall. And you have phone app to view?

I looked at site but, in person info ☺️. Been wanting to add some around. Price is good.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
How are the cams powered? What was required to set them up...beyond actual hooking to a wall. And you have phone app to view?

I looked at site but, in person info ☺️. Been wanting to add some around. Price is good.

They are plugged into an outlet and work via wifi. My wifi reaches the barn, but just barely or so I thought. I got a range extender and got it all set up, but it kept cutting out. I think I need another one in between the router and the barn. In the meantime though, the cameras connected to the house wifi and have been working perfectly. Maybe I don’t need the range extender after all.

There is an app for viewing the cameras. Set up was super easy. The app walks you through it. Probably less than 5 minutes to get it up and running.

You can order them off the WYZE website or through Amazon. The website had a sale going on, but when you factored in the shipping, it cost the same or slightly more than Amazon and with Amazon, I got them in 2 days.

My sister put her old WYZE pan cam in her barn (she used it when my niece was a baby) and I think she got a couple fixed view WYZE cameras, but she’s probably going to get some of the pan V3 after seeing mine.