purplequeenvt - Lambs 2017

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I needed to renew my DL, the letter said time for a new picture. Guess what day is the BEST day to go to the DMV?? Yep, a snow day.

The place was nearly empty of customers, plenty of staff. I went directly from the front door to the registration window to "service" window #2 (I think there are about 15 of them). There were 4 people in line when I left, only because they all came in about the same time and there is only 1 registration window.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the diapered lamb! :lol: What diapers do you buy for the lambs, Huggies?

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
My little Thallium isn't doing so hot today. I suspect it's after effects from the hypothermia. She was lethargic this morning and wasn't wanting to eat much. She started crashing around noon and was basically comatose by 1. I tubed her with some electrolytes and again an hour later with her milk.

We've made progress in the right direction, but we are by no means out of the woods. She's sleeping a lot, but she's now able to hold her head up and stand and walk. I've been tubing her every 4 hours and will continue that through the night as well.

I'm more optimistic than I was earlier about her chances of survival, but these babies can be so fragile and her little body has gone through a lot.

The good news is I was home to catch and work on the problem. I was supposed to be working, but I finally succumbed to the bug that's been making the rounds and I had to call out. I have no doubt she would not still be here if I had worked today. I'm still pretty sick so I'm staying home tomorrow as well.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Also, this pretty lady was born this morning. Her mom, River, was huge, we all thought she was having at least 2. But no, her lamb just got the deluxe suite. No roommates.

Unlike all the other lambs with element names, River's lambs get named after bodies of water. This girl is "Tay" which is the name of a loch in Scotland.

RuralFarmGirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Also, this pretty lady was born this morning. Her mom, River, was huge, we all thought she was having at least 2. But no, her lamb just got the deluxe suite. No roommates.

Unlike all the other lambs with element names, River's lambs get named after bodies of water. This girl is "Tay" which is the name of a loch in Scotland.
Beautiful!! I named all my first ewes flower names-haven't decided on this years crop yet....