Purplequeenvt - New Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If they were PIA’s and disrupting the farm, then yup, it needed to be done. Food for you and dogs.

I can slaughter and process, but I can’t bring myself to shoot one of my lambs. Wimpy, yes. I could if I had to, but so far, I’ve taken them to be processed.

I made a new sheep friend, they process their own. Maybe I can suck it up and go help them and toughen up.

I can process deer, hogs, chickens, rabbits, but I get squeamish at killing a lamb.

I understand the not wanting to, I admire your abilities.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH butchers our rabbits (when we had them). He would do 30 at a time. Then we ate mac and cheese that night.

I can kill and butcher but it is not pleasant. Much prefer taking the lambs to the butcher and picking up the meat nicely wrapped.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
All done.

42 packages. Each bag was supposed to be 1lb, but since most of them were over by 2-3oz, it’s close to 50lbs of ground meat. That’s around $500 at grocery store prices.

This is all the waste that was leftover. Intestines, stomach contents, and the skins.

I caught Oskar Biteyface napping yesterday afternoon during the rain. He didn’t even notice I was there for a while. 🤣

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you aren’t following my lambing journal….I got cameras set up in the barn today. So far they are working beautifully and it’s going to be awesome to be able to check in on the ewes while I’m at work.

I got WYZE pan V3 cameras. They were easy to set up and the picture quality, even at night is good.

This has been something I’ve been wanting to do for years.

Minch (Shetland that got castrated after Christmas) got moved in with the ewes after he was sheared. I want him to get friendlier and the only way that’s going to happen is if he’s in the pen that I’m in and out of all the time.

Latest posts