Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got home from VT last night. Looong drive, but we were more or less in one piece upon arrival. My mom came back with us so there were 3 people and 4 dogs were stuffed into my Ford Escape.

It was a good trip and I’m bummed to be back to reality, but it’s nice to be back in my own bed. All the animals survived thanks to my BIL.

I miss mountains. 1 view is east looking at Camel’s Hump, the other is looking west across Lake Champlain.

Border Leicesters are the best.

Border Cheviots AKA Bunny Sheep

Navajo Churro

Shearing demo

Rainbow after the rain shower

A friend (she is the poultry superintendent) brought her 3 baby emus. They were strange little creatures. I threatened to bring one home for my BIL, but I didn’t have room in the car.

Sleepy baby mini horses. I’ve known the owners for most of my life. They are in their 80’s now and have had some health issues, but they were doing well this year and were looking very spry.

My shawl got Best of Show

Now it’s time to brag on my dog. Twist is a 2yo Border Collie. He isn’t a particularly nervous or anxious dog, but he’s very cautious in new settings and with new people. He’s really only gone out in public to go to local pet friendly stores. He stayed home from our VT trip last year because I didn’t think he was ready for the chaos.

He was a complete star. He might even admit that he enjoyed himself. He handled everything thrown at him with such maturity. I think he may have given people the wrong idea about BC personalities though. He’s a very chill dog and was happy to relax and accept attention instead of bouncing off the walls like a stereotypical BC.

Twist: Are we there yet?

Back to work on Monday. Time to start prepping for breeding season.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
He gives you fiber, and can be a buddy to the other sheep. I forget who on here has him, but someone has a wether that is chill and teaches the newly weaned lambs so they stop being idiots and start trusting the humans. Maybe your wether can also help like that if he has to have another job?

I don’t really *need* an excuse to justify keeping him. I just forgot sometimes that I’m the one in charge around here. 😂

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like a good time. Congrats on the shawl!!
>Border Cheviots AKA Bunny Sheep< :lol: too true!!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got home from VT last night. Looong drive, but we were more or less in one piece upon arrival. My mom came back with us so there were 3 people and 4 dogs were stuffed into my Ford Escape.

It was a good trip and I’m bummed to be back to reality, but it’s nice to be back in my own bed. All the animals survived thanks to my BIL.

I miss mountains. 1 view is east looking at Camel’s Hump, the other is looking west across Lake Champlain.

Border Leicesters are the best.

Border Cheviots AKA Bunny Sheep

Navajo Churro

Shearing demo

Rainbow after the rain shower

A friend (she is the poultry superintendent) brought her 3 baby emus. They were strange little creatures. I threatened to bring one home for my BIL, but I didn’t have room in the car.

Sleepy baby mini horses. I’ve known the owners for most of my life. They are in their 80’s now and have had some health issues, but they were doing well this year and were looking very spry.

My shawl got Best of Show

Now it’s time to brag on my dog. Twist is a 2yo Border Collie. He isn’t a particularly nervous or anxious dog, but he’s very cautious in new settings and with new people. He’s really only gone out in public to go to local pet friendly stores. He stayed home from our VT trip last year because I didn’t think he was ready for the chaos.

He was a complete star. He might even admit that he enjoyed himself. He handled everything thrown at him with such maturity. I think he may have given people the wrong idea about BC personalities though. He’s a very chill dog and was happy to relax and accept attention instead of bouncing off the walls like a stereotypical BC.

Twist: Are we there yet?

Back to work on Monday. Time to start prepping for breeding season.
Great photos!!!

:clap

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was impressed with the work you do; a BIG CONGRATS on the shawl...
The mountains are why I moved to western Va.... Blue Ridge mountains are alot like the Green mountains of VT.... I needed to be able to get my "mountain fix".....
So glad you got a chance to spend time with family and enjoyed the fair.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
September 2001 - our family purchased our 1st two sheep. Rosie and Violet were registered Romney ewe lambs. We purchased some registered Border Leicesters and crossbred ewes later that year and we’ve had sheep ever since.

There’s still 3 in our family raising sheep. 2 of us have descendants from the original flock and the 3rd took a break from sheep for a number of years and now has a flock of Katahdins.

My father has a few sheep left, 5 rams, 3 ewes, and 2 wethers. 😂 We are working on finding homes for the remaining sheep. He and my mom want to travel more and his “barn”(it’s a glorified shed, really) needs a lot of work.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a friend who left here for Tazzy in the 90s. She bought a ton of land and more sheep than one could count. Haven't heard from her in years though. I'm pretty sure she's still out on her sheep station.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
September 2001 - our family purchased our 1st two sheep. Rosie and Violet were registered Romney ewe lambs. We purchased some registered Border Leicesters and crossbred ewes later that year and we’ve had sheep ever since.

There’s still 3 in our family raising sheep. 2 of us have descendants from the original flock and the 3rd took a break from sheep for a number of years and now has a flock of Katahdins.

My father has a few sheep left, 5 rams, 3 ewes, and 2 wethers. 😂 We are working on finding homes for the remaining sheep. He and my mom want to travel more and his “barn”(it’s a glorified shed, really) needs a lot of work.
Surprised you didn't wind up bringing them back home with you...:hide