Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I set breeding groups up over the weekend. 3 different groups - 2 Border Leicester rams, 1 Shetland. 19 ewes divided between the 3 rams.

The extra Shetland rams are locked in the barn behind a heavy gate and there’s an electronet fence keeping the breeding group in that field away from the barn. I’m determined not to have the butthead ram mess up my breeding plans again this year. He definitely is moving on this fall (probably to the freezer). It’s been nice to be able to freely enter all my breeding groups without worrying about my knees.

Hoy, the BL/Shetland wether with the glorious fleece, is about ready to be sheared again.

I finished knitting a baby blanket for a friend today. Just need weave in the ends and block it out.

Oskar Biteyface went next door to visit his brother and sister the other day. He ended up having a sleepover and when I picked him up the next day, he was worn out! They must have been up fooling around all night.

L-R: Oskar, Hiccup, and Stoick

Despite how it looks in the picture, Oskar and Stoick are about the same size. Oskar is a little taller, but Stoick is stockier.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I set breeding groups up over the weekend. 3 different groups - 2 Border Leicester rams, 1 Shetland. 19 ewes divided between the 3 rams.

The extra Shetland rams are locked in the barn behind a heavy gate and there’s an electronet fence keeping the breeding group in that field away from the barn. I’m determined not to have the butthead ram mess up my breeding plans again this year. He definitely is moving on this fall (probably to the freezer). It’s been nice to be able to freely enter all my breeding groups without worrying about my knees.
WOW on the fleece, the baby blanket is gorgeous!!
LOL on Oscar's 'sleep over' -- too funny he looks like he partied hard!