Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I finished the antibiotics on Saturday and I am still feeling really cruddy. No fevers and the sinus congestion is much better, but my lung is still really painful and the coughing is terrible. I was able to make an appointment at my doctor’s for Wednesday, but I called first thing this morning and they were able to get me in today.

He sent me for a chest X-ray to confirm (still waiting on the results to show up online for me to view), but he’s certain I have pneumonia. I’ve got stronger antibiotics, steroids, and cough medicine. Hopefully that gets me going again.

I knit a hat last week. This is some Shetland yarn that I purchased at the KY Sheep and Fiber Festival. I feel like I deserve an award for this project. Not because it’s anything super special, but because I actually USED some yarn that I purchased. I generally tend to buy a pretty yarn and stick it in my stash and never actually use it.

My BIL took a steer to the butcher and we picked him up on Wednesday. The owner said that all the processors were drooling over the meat. The steer was Howard, my Jersey’s last calf. His daddy was an angus.

I scanned all the ewes with my Preg Tone on Saturday. 16 out of 19 scanned as bred. I’m going to redo the 3 later this week to double check because I suspect there may have been some user error involved.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pneumonia! I hope the stronger antibiotics get to work real fast and knock that out. You knitted that beautiful hat while sick? You are Super Woman. Yes you deserve an award for knitting that hat while sick AND for using that lovely yarn and not stashing it for “someday”.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I finished the antibiotics on Saturday and I am still feeling really cruddy. No fevers and the sinus congestion is much better, but my lung is still really painful and the coughing is terrible. I was able to make an appointment at my doctor’s for Wednesday, but I called first thing this morning and they were able to get me in today.

He sent me for a chest X-ray to confirm (still waiting on the results to show up online for me to view), but he’s certain I have pneumonia. I’ve got stronger antibiotics, steroids, and cough medicine. Hopefully that gets me going again.

I knit a hat last week. This is some Shetland yarn that I purchased at the KY Sheep and Fiber Festival. I feel like I deserve an award for this project. Not because it’s anything super special, but because I actually USED some yarn that I purchased. I generally tend to buy a pretty yarn and stick it in my stash and never actually use it.

My BIL took a steer to the butcher and we picked him up on Wednesday. The owner said that all the processors were drooling over the meat. The steer was Howard, my Jersey’s last calf. His daddy was an angus.

I scanned all the ewes with my Preg Tone on Saturday. 16 out of 19 scanned as bred. I’m going to redo the 3 later this week to double check because I suspect there may have been some user error involved.
Hope the antibiotics kick in fast. The hat you made is gorgeous! You’ll be warm this winter with it.
Drooling over that steak!

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
As of yesterday, it seems as if my body has decided that I don’t need to die after all. Still have a bit of a cough, but it’s not waking me up anymore.

Oskar Biteyface went through a very naughty phase recently and I spent about a month wanting to strangle him, but he seems to have come out of it and is much more mature.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
As of yesterday, it seems as if my body has decided that I don’t need to die after all. Still have a bit of a cough, but it’s not waking me up anymore.

Oskar Biteyface went through a very naughty phase recently and I spent about a month wanting to strangle him, but he seems to have come out of it and is much more mature.
Oh THAT LOOK! Twinnie (one of the pups - a year old now) does that very same look (even when she's not in trouble).

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hugs

I’m glad you are starting to feel better.

Latest posts