Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think it’s a record for me. I’ve started and finished 3 knitting projects since Thanksgiving AND I’ve used 3 skeins of yarn that I purchased (I usually like to let them marinate in my yarn stash for a few years first).

I started this one right before Christmas because I was working the weekend of Christmas and I knew it was going to be slow at work. I finished it on 1/1/23.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know it’s only Wednesday, but it’s already been a long week.

On Sunday evening I took my younger sister, E (she lives with me), to the ED. She’s had some ongoing GI issues and hasn’t been able to eat very much for months now and has lost 40lbs. She has chronic joint pain and she’s also a kidney transplant (in 2009) patient.

She woke up on Sunday feeling worse than usual and by 4pm she was having a melt down. She ended up having a UTI which they were concerned was going to end up as a kidney infection. She was admitted to the hospital and is still there today.

She’s on IV antibiotics and nausea meds. She is doing better, but still isn’t eating. I was concerned they would treat her UTI and send her on her way, but thankfully the doctor covering her care is taking her other complaints seriously and sent her for an endoscopy this morning. Hopefully that gives some clear answers as to what is going on.

Needless to say, I’m exhausted. My mom flew down on Monday to help take care of E which is good because I’m brilliant in a crisis, but long term “invalid-sitting” drives me batty.