Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Question....how's that bottom shelf attached? I see a LOT of loaded weight from those you've placed on wood that's going to push on bottom one....
Need more studs below last one?
It seems pretty secure for now. It’s an old freezer. The other clips seem to be intact, but it would take emptying and defrosting the whole thing to get it back together properly and I just don’t have time for that.

I’m getting a chest freezer soon and some of the meat from this freezer will get moved to unburden the poor shelves.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Playing 'Freezer-Go-Round' here too. Clean out the house freezer to make room for the Feed room freezer stuff - defrost the feed room freezer to see what's been trapped in the block of ice - move that and clean the freezer - defrost the leaky barn freezer and move everything to the feed room... :fl

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was 75 degrees yesterday and I mowed my lawn and part of the front field. I also fenced the rams up close to the barn to give their field a chance to rest. I really need to build a paddock for winter, but events conspired against me last year and I haven’t gotten it done yet.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was 75 degrees yesterday and I mowed my lawn and part of the front field. I also fenced the rams up close to the barn to give their field a chance to rest. I really need to build a paddock for winter, but events conspired against me last year and I haven’t gotten it done yet.
My 'ToDo' list goes back to 2016 - that's when I started writing it down anyway.....
You'll get it done when the time is right, or necessary. As long as it's done when it's needed - you're good!
thumbsup.jpg

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
My boy got his hips, elbows, and shoulders x-rayed for OFA today. The still have to be sent in and officially evaluated and scored, but the vet taking the pictures said they all looked good.

I’ve been using my creep gate to make a feeding area for Oskar ever since I brought him home, but now I need to use it for the lambs as they are all starting to nibble grain. I considered purchasing a 2nd gate, but I’m too cheap for that so I slapped one together with reject hardwood lumber from my BIL’s lumber mill.

Oskar “helped” me carry it up the hill. He can get through it nicely, but he’s still a little wary of it because he went through the creep gate one time recently and it had accidentally gotten electrified. He doesn’t like shocks. 🤣

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on the pre-OFA approval. That’s awesome. I have a dog that has hip dysplasia and we opted for the femoral head ostectomy. Terrible thing for a dog to have. I have an AKC Anatolian male puppy. I will have him tested when he is of age.
Kudos to you for being a responsible dog owner. Wish there was more like you.