Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yay for the x-rays. Shoulders?? Haven't heard of that being done, hips and elbows sure.
LOVE the gate -- looks way better than anything you could buy! WTG
I don’t think it’s normally done, but my sister (his breeder) is a little extra and she said she’d pay to do his elbows and shoulders.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was supposed to be rainy, but it ended up being gorgeous. I let the ewes and lambs out in the field for a little bit.

Dee and son

Isla and her ram

Mister Twister

He played with a stick for the first time. He’s not into fetch/toys so it was fun to have him play for a bit.

Oskar Biteyface uses his new jump gate all the time now.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love Oskar Biteyface!
Dee and son are so dark black! Beautiful!
Her baby is actually brown which was a nice surprise. He’s been driving her nuts today by hanging out with the other lambs and ignoring her distressed calls. I told her she should consider putting a leash on him. 🤣 Her baa is so grating!

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I may have to wait a couple weeks for my last 2 ewes to lamb, but I can still get my brand new lamb fix next door. My sister’s Katahdin flock started lambing yesterday. She’s had 4 ewes lamb in the last 24 hours and she’s up by 10 lambs. 2 sets of twins and 2 sets of triplets. What’s scary is that the 2 that had triplets aren’t even her biggest ewes.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
The laser engraver is so cool! I like the new name tags.

2 sets of triplets! And 2 sets of twins! That’s wonderful! Is she supplementing milk for the triplets?

One of the lambs was pulled right away. She was the 1st born and went chasing after the wrong ewe for snacks and her real mom wasn’t sure she wanted her back.

She’ll either supplement or pull one of the others.

Latest posts