Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s been a tough couple weeks.

My uncle (mom’s sister’s husband) very unexpectedly passed away on 5/1. His funeral was Friday.

Wednesday night, my dad let his 2 dogs, a Jack Russell and a corgi, out to pee before bed and the JRT was snatched out of the yard by coyotes.

Tilly was the first dog that was actually his. All the other dogs over the years were family pets or belonged to one child or another.

He is absolutely devastated and is blaming himself. He loved that little dog so much. Her body was found by a neighbor today and he was at least able to bring her home. Now he’s angry because they didn’t kill her because they were hungry, they just killed her for the fun of it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so sorry about your uncle. Your aunt will need her family to help her deal with her husband being gone.

That’s terrible about your Dad’s little dog. At least he got his dog back and could bury him.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry about your uncle's sudden passing. Sudden unexpected is so hard on everyone and such a shock. I know the pain is very difficult to deal with.
There are no words to console your dad about the dog. The coyotes are just getting to be too much in some areas. If he had gone out with the dogs, he could have been attacked trying to prevent/protect the little dog and that would have been worse. They are getting more aggressive and bolder. I am so sorry for him.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last year, after dealing with the 6 hell-spawn kittens that grew up in my bathroom, I said “no more cats!”

But I’m a sucker and can’t say no to an orange kitty. My BIL’s younger brother found him in the middle of the highway on Thursday. He went straight to the vet for antibiotics for his respiratory infection and he’s feeling much better already.

He’s super friendly and purrs constantly. He’s got some rib deformities on one side, but it doesn’t seem to hurt so the vet thinks he probably got stepped on as a tinier (he’s still less than a pound) kitten and got his ribs broken.