Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s been long week. I haven’t been in too much pain, mainly just really uncomfortable. The stent comes out next Thursday.

Twist is frustrated that I’ve been home all week, but we aren’t doing anything fun. I think my sister is going to take him to herd sheep (on actual dog-broke sheep) tomorrow.

Arlo-Beast, the new kitty looks so much better. I’ve only had him a week, but he’s almost doubled his weight and is full of energy.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I promise I didn’t kill her. 🤣 My sister hatched more Runner ducklings to sell and I’m her friendly neighborhood duck sex-er.

His Best Day Ever quickly turned into his Worst Day Ever when he found out wallowing in the pond = bath time before bed.

The little Monster is looking a bit too comfy.

A few of the brats.

They’ve turned into hooligans since they’ve been weaned. I can’t go in the pen without getting bitten and/or licked by several of them.

I had to put a hot wire along the bottom of the paddock fence because 2 of the lambs found a dip and were crawling under the fence to graze every day. As soon as I put grain out, they’d go running to the gate and start crying pitifully. I only showed them the gate once before they figured out if they waited at the gate, I’d let them back in.

Tomorrow (I guess today now since it’s after midnight) is my first day back at work since my surgery. I’m not looking forward to it. The stent is starting to hurt quite a bit. Not sure if my body is just over it or if it’s shifted, but it’s gotten quite uncomfortable. Stent doesn’t come out until Thursday. Maybe it will fall out by itself before then. 🙄

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
The stent is starting to hurt quite a bit. Not sure if my body is just over it or if it’s shifted, but it’s gotten quite uncomfortable. Stent doesn’t come out until Thursday.
You probably should call the surgeon's office to see if they want you to come in to check on the stent. If it has shifted or there is a problem you don't want to take a chance on injuring your kidney.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have the best boy.

All the lambs got loose this evening (my fault, I went in one gate with the feed and then came out a different gate and forgot to go back and make sure the 1st gate was latched). Twist gathered them all up and put them back in their pen. And it’s not a simple “push them through an opening” situation. They have to go into the barn, around the hay bale and then into the pen. He handled them like a pro. Nobody escaped into the ewes’ pasture either.

He’s only had 1 “real” lesson last week with my sister while I was down and out. She said he was really good and the guy she brought him to liked him a lot. Any other “training” has been just the 2 of us figuring things out as we go. I’ve never had a BC that was so quick and instinctive.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
The stent came out today. It wasn’t as traumatic as I was anticipating, but I’d really like never to have to do it again.

I’m still sore and crampy, but I no longer feel like I’m being stabbed in the side every time I move.

I maybe shouldn’t have, but the grass situation was stressing me out so after I got back from getting my stent pulled, I spent the day getting all the mowing that was supposed to happen last week done. The yard, the ram pen, and the ewes’ field. It looks so much better out there now.

Oskar found and ate a turtle.

While I was mowing the ram pen, I looked across the field and saw a ewe circling. First thought was that she was sick, but then I realized the dumb-dumb had a vine stuck around her neck. 🤦🏼‍♀️ She wasn’t badly stuck and could have gotten free by herself if she’d been a little smarter.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oskar ate a turtle! Hahahaha! My dog Sentry hates them and barks until he’s exhausted. The turtle thinks he’s gone, moves and it starts all over again. I haul turtles off way too often. Can I borrow Oskar to teach Sentry how to eat them? OCD psycho dog!

Good boy Twist! It may be the two of you figuring it out, and y’all are doing great. I still adore the picture of him all wet and muddy. That’s a POW if I ever saw one!

Silly ewe. She was just trying to keep you entertained, doing her part so you don’t get bored!