Put a face to a name! Please post your pic here!

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1450149867787.jpg

My Husband and I.

soarwitheagles

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone and Happiest of holidays to all.

Let's see...we hail from Central Valley, looking forward to the El Nino [boy do we need it], trying our hand at ranching and farming.We are a husband/wife team serving as public school teachers in war zones [example: Stockton, CA], but decided to move out to the country and try our hand at farming and ranching and make this ranch self sustaining...so we teach during the weekdays, ranch and farm on the weekends and breaks and some evenings too.

I was hoping to find more info on growing food for ourselves and our livestock, how to raise various animals, etc.

We just recently purchased a bunch of sheep. Most of em' are the American Blackbelly and we also have some American Dorpers. Oh, we also have lots of chickens. Looking to populate with some pigs and maybe some goats too. And let's not forget the bees...trying out hand at beekeeping too and so far, doing well.

Let me know if I landed in the right place or if I should fly to another forum....

Thanks,

Up, up, and away!

Soar

Attachments

• Gisela 142.jpg
    Gisela 142.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone and Happiest of holidays to all.

Let's see...we hail from Central Valley, looking forward to the El Nino [boy do we need it], trying our hand at ranching and farming.We are a husband/wife team serving as public school teachers in war zones [example: Stockton, CA], but decided to move out to the country and try our hand at farming and ranching and make this ranch self sustaining...so we teach during the weekdays, ranch and farm on the weekends and breaks and some evenings too.

I was hoping to find more info on growing food for ourselves and our livestock, how to raise various animals, etc.

We just recently purchased a bunch of sheep. Most of em' are the American Blackbelly and we also have some American Dorpers. Oh, we also have lots of chickens. Looking to populate with some pigs and maybe some goats too. And let's not forget the bees...trying out hand at beekeeping too and so far, doing well.

Let me know if I landed in the right place or if I should fly to another forum....

Thanks,

Up, up, and away!

Soar

Welcome to BYH! :frow
If you choose to stick around post a thread in New Member Introductions! More people will greet you!

There are many on this forum with great knowledge that are always willing to help.
Keep in mind... we love humor, and we love pics of critters! And lots of them. ;)

Many Cali's here too! Enjoy surfing around...

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and happy holidays @soarwitheagles from the front range in Colorado :frow :welcome! No worries, you ARE in New Member Introductions! Thanks for being a public servant. As teachers, you have a huge effect on the kids you teach. Sounds like you went right in at the deep end there! :barnie I don't know if I could try ranching part time like you're doing. You def came to the right place! There are lots of great folks here in the sheep, goat and bee sections (Many also have chickens) that will help you out in any way they can. Stay comfy in your chair and :caf read away. Hope you find you like the place as much as most of us do. Welcome once again!

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@soarswitheagles, yes, you have found the best place for information, help, advise, and just about anything else you could imagine. A big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State, where the stars at night are big and bright. Both of you grab yourselves a beverage of choice from that there table and come over here, sit a spell, prop your feet up and tell us your dreams. Most of us have been there, done or are doing it and we can help you avoid some of the "why didn't I think of that" and "who in their right mind would do that." Tell you right now not many of us are in our right mind, but in a good way.

Glad to have you two join us and we're looking forward to hearing about your adventures. Pictures are real important and we all love them!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
She was supposed to be a Chihuahua x Min Pin. But dna test said Chihuahua on mom side and then a bunch of large dogs for dad's side, lab, chow, giant schnauzer and another.

Mom was a tiny Chihuahua, we met her.

My guess was Chi mixed with a spitz breed or similar. She's got intense fur, loyal, smart, super friendly, but also a good amount of prey drive and reactive speed like you wouldn't believe, she's caught wild birds in mid flight!

We wish we could clone her to have one always.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1451185272254.jpg
    FB_IMG_1451185272254.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 131
  • FB_IMG_1451185302625.jpg
    FB_IMG_1451185302625.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 119
  • FB_IMG_1451185245605.jpg
    FB_IMG_1451185245605.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 123
  • FB_IMG_1451185228003.jpg
    FB_IMG_1451185228003.jpg