Pygmy doeling ill

CN18

Just born
Reaction score
Breeder did not mean her - she stopped nursing/taking milk and instead only started going for the feed with the other goats. Alfalfa hay and some grain access that also has black oil sunflower seeds

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cut out the BOSS- she doesn't need it and it will throw the calcium phosphorus ratio out of balance
You want a 2 : 1 ratio.

How much feed?

I think she may have a bloom and the temp change could have set her off- my best guess.
keep an eye on her temp and see if the nutri drench helps perk her up a bit.

Just an FYI- often goats are still nursing but it isn't as conspicuous once they start eating feed and hay... most kids are still nursing and will for as long as they can... just less obvious
Also although alfalfa is a great hay it is not always that great for a non working animal... sometimes alfalfa can be "too much" - they don't need that high of protein.

Please let us know how she is doing and BTW pics are a must here! :) We LOVE LOVE LOVE pucs of goats- and baby goat pics are they best!

CN18

Just born
Reaction score
The seeds are a very minimal part of the mixture. Maybe 1-2 seeds in every handful. Didn't want you to think that it's a big amount of what they're actually eating. I think our other goats turned up their noses at anything other than alfalfa when we tried before. We have her inside to keep an eye on her. She's currently snuggled up on a blanket next to one of the dog beds snoozing away

CN18

Just born
Reaction score
I'll call the vet on Monday. Also gave her the nutri drench last night. That made her pretty mad and she turned and faced away from us and ignored us for a little while pic is attached. It's from earlier in the day, when she was knocked out sleeping next to one of the dogs

Attachments

• Snapchat-259514934.jpg
    Snapchat-259514934.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 103

CN18

Just born
Reaction score
Alert and awake, but still mostly laying down

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
If she has been in the pen with the other kid that had cocci you can bet that she has it and start treatment. At least that is what I would do.