Pygmy or Nigerian dwarf?

breezy2u

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have three adorable sweet does and I would like to find a billy to mate them. The problem is that I can’t remember if they are Pygmy or Nigerian dwarf. Can anyone help?

Also I would like to rent out a billy rather than trying to add one to the herd. Is there a website where I can find that?
onedayold.jpg
A82F0C4F-1AD1-4F10-A6A6-71D8D7C732E0.jpeg

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH!

Look like Nigerians to me. A Pygmy would have shorter legs.

There are a few Pygmy folks who will probably offer their opinion.

Good luck with your girls.

A gentle request, please and thank you, would you please put in a general location on your personal info. We don't need, or want your address, just a general location like North Central Texas, or Eastern Ky, or Central FL... something like that. It is helpful to us to have that tidbit in offering advise as sometimes advise is location dependent.

Regarding renting a buck, once you are confident what you want, ADGA.org will allow you to search members if you are a member. You might have a local goat group that can offer more advise. You can be opening a can of worms if you stud from someone you don't know. Know your breeder, ask health questions, ask to come see the farm. If the breeder is hesitant on answering questions and doesn't want you to come to the farm RUN AWAY.

Finding a local goat group is something that would be very beneficial for you as you may fine new friends who love talking goat, someone to help mentor you if you need that, and more options for finding a boyfriend for your girls.

Please keep us posted on your progress/plans/updates and anything else. Nigi bucks are goof balls that will steal your heart and not give it back. I love my does but I adore my bucks.

breezy2u

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Sorry. I'm in Huntsville, AL. I will see if I can find a local goat group.