PYR PUPS ARE HERE! pics finally

woodsie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well Winnie delivered 10 white Pyr pups yesterday! :weee Definitely no surprise genetics as they are all pure white and nearly identical. Unfortunately one didn't make it through the night, not sure what happened, a big darling female. :hit I know its all part of being on a farm and we don't know what happened, I just hope all the rest make it.

Winnie was a real champ but soooo very protective, I guess what else do you expect from a LGD. Yesterday she did not want me near her pups, she allowed me to come into the kennel/run but as cautiously went to turn a newborn pup towards her she barked at me with her full force and did not stop until I had that latch shut....okay, point taken. Today she was more relaxed and seems to be well oriented, pups are nursing well and she keeps them contained in a pile...Good Winnie! :thumbsup

If anyone is looking for a Pyr in BC or Alberta, perhaps even Washington...let's talk.

Pics to come but right now they are all a mess of white buried in more white fur...doesn't exactly make for great pictures. :rolleyes:

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well there, a big congrats for you and Winnie! Can't wait for the pictures!

My Rhodesian Ridgeback is due the end of September. It will be her first litter as well as my first midwife to a dog. Wish me luck. I'd be thrilled for any number of pups as long as they are all healthy.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pics of a big white furry rug are perfectly acceptable! :love

bcnewe2

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Congrats to you and Winnie! Wow that's a big litter!
I hope all goes well and Winnie gets a little less protective with her new babies. Being that she is young and this is her first I'm sure she is quite confused. It's all instinct coming out!

Pictures please....!!

woodsie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I finally got some pics...although not great ones...lost my camera and had to take it with my phone.

8149_img_1948.jpg

8149_img_1934.jpg

8149_img_1922.jpg

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Now that's pretty darn adorable! Congratulations.

Latest posts