Quarantine? How long do you keep sale barn calfs separated?

chicks & ducks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi all!
We currently have 3 different areas on the farm with calves right now. One(calf-in 1 area) we got from a farm 5 weeks ago, one calf(kept in barn) we got from sale barn 2 weeks ago and 3 calves(kept on different side of barn) we purchased this past monday from a different sale barn.

The older two are both doing well and I'd like to put them together out in the fenced in back yard as it's been in the high 70's-nice and warm. Just wondering how long everyone quarantines calves.

At this point I wanted to mention that the calves we got monday (3 of them) are all together even though one has pneumonia. There's no way to know for sure but he seems VERY little so I'm betting he was born and taken to the barn within 12 hours, aka-no colostrum! He's had a shot of Draxxin and has improved but not 100% yet. My instinct tells me to separate him from the other two but 1) they've all been exposed to the same junk at the sale barn and in the first day at our house and 2)I'm limited on space so the only way I could separate him is to boot one of the other (singular) cows out of their little paddock right now.

Man I ramble a lot! Basically-how long would you keep seemingly healthy calves quarantined? Is 2 weeks long enough if there are no signs of infection or illness?