Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
More baby pics...

Brownie's twin bucklings, Bisquit and Gravy. Bisquit is squaring up with Troy (mama's boy)

1156_sam_0395.jpg

Dot's buckling, Wonee. A mini Oberhauslie, half the size of Bisquit, Gravy, and Troy. He is very sweet.

1156_sam_0367.jpg

Jelly Bean's kids, Oreo and Coffee. Socks was disbudded today and didn't feel like a picture...

1156_sam_0377.jpg

Raina, Mama's girl. BEFORE she was disbudded today. A bit of a nightmare. The vet didn't want to use the disbudding iron because her horns were long. He cut them off and then cauterized - sort of.

1156_sam_0387.jpg

Mama, looking absurdly thin after birthing twins, being wormed and giving tons of milk. She does this every kidding. I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep her in "condition" every year. I think I am going to retire her this year from kidding.

1156_mama_thin.jpg

Canadiannee

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Absolutely precious Queen Mum... love the picture of Bisquit and Troy squaring each other up!

I'm kinda feeling a sense of "Goat Godmother" syndrome with Raina Rhiannon now! :ep Beautiful girl... now beautifully named! Awesome!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Here it is, the middle of the month. My kids are a month old already. I have sold one and given one away. CAE came back negative. PHEW!

Raina weighs nearly 30 pounds and is going to be HUGE! All the other kids pale in comparison to her. She is going to be beautiful.

The surprise of the season is Dot. Brownie's doeling from last year. She is giving a TON of milk for her size. Not only is she feeding Wonnie, but she is giving an additional 5 pounds of milk per day. That is a lot of milk for a doe that only weighs about 50 pounds. She has an almost full sized udder. And she has nice full sized teets. Bigger and easier to milk than Brownie's.

I have to sell a BUNCH more goats. Fingers crossed. The mini's are so much easier to sell than the full sized goats. The cute factor definitely sells.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
It has been quite a while since I have been online. My internet is down and my computer is on the blink. NEWS and UPDATES: Raina is HUGE! Mama has hoof rot AGAIN! Houdini is an amourous pain in the Patoot and in full RUT.

Brownie, Mama and Dot are giving me about three gallons of milk a day between them. The kids are all ready to be weaned. I am making cheese.

I will be selling the majority of my kids at auction in June if I don't sell them individually this month. So far I have sold 5 kids.

I have entered the business of metal recovery and recycling (scrapping) and am earning my feed money that way. It is a lot of work but good money when I find a good load of scrap. The man I am currently dating, is my partner and he is AWESOME. I have never known a man who works so hard in my life. AND he loves my goats as well. I am pretty sure he kind of likes me too... Whoo HOO!

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi QueenMum! :frow Always good to hear things are going well in the romance department :clap

The goats look great, good for you for selling some. And yay for lots of milk and cheese! :woot

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
AACK! My favorite kitty disappeared. KILLED! I found it in the dumpster with it's neck broken. We thought someone had killed it on purpose but a neighbor confessed that a dog killed it. Stray, he said. He put it in the dumpster, because he said he didn't know it belonged to me...

AND my dog disappeared for about 4 days at the same time. We found her locked in an abandoned building. SOMEONE clearly put her in there. FORTUNATELY, we got her out. She was dehydrated and hungry, but OK. She has been hiding under the couch ever since.

Well, now the dog barks at everything and anything. So I may have to get rid of her. WE shall see...

The weather is heating up to hot, hot, hot. AND humid. My least favorite time of year.

But I got a washing machine, after months of not having one, so AT least I can do laundry and hang it out to dry instead of washing my clothes in the bath tub by the old feet on the clothes and hand wringing them, method.

AND Mama and the goats all went through a course of Cydectin for barber pole worms... Bad this year because of all the wet weather we have been having...

Mama's hoof rot has cleared up. Fortunately the other goats are all resistant to the stuff...

Houdini is up to his tricks of trying to woo all the girls in the field. We have to tie Ian in the pen because he likes to jump the fence and play at the neighbors eating their garden. So Houdini has been taunting him. Lately Houdini jumps on the top of Ian's house and stand their lording it over him that he is "taller" than Ian. Of course, he can't get down, then and Ian just stands on his hind legs (at 6 foot 6 inches) and makes Houdini feel small again.

Ian is now bigger than Mama. Not longer, just bigger. Taller at the withers. He is growing and growing. He's two now. Has a bit more to grow.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Latest update: July 20, 2013
I wormed everyone for Barberpole worms and everyone bulked up except Mama.

I sold the bucklings at auction and took a HUGE loss on them. The auctioneer did a terrible job and made NO attempt to sell any of the animals in his sale. Never again! They were in prime condition, looked great and were the nicest animals there. My DBF cried. HE was way more attached than I thought.

I have been making lots of cheese and am getting a ton of milk every day.

All the girls are looking sleek, fat and shiny. (Exept Mama, that is, who is constantly thin.)

Ian is 200 pounds of muscle and is taller than Mama. He is a gorgeous buck. One of the local goat people wants to rent him as a sire for his herd....

Houdini, my only other buck has doubled in size since I brought him home, is also sleek and shiny, and is a beautiful boy now. He is looking better than ever. He follows me anywhere and loves cookies. He is my sweetie.

Brownie is as tall as Mama, not as long but is a lovely girl and produces tons of milk, but her teats are smallish.

Her kids from last year, Dot (renamed Double Dip, because she is constantly trying to get two turns on the milk stand) is turning out to be a great producer and has nice teats for milking.

Polka Dot is pregnant. She turned out to be all brown with a large white patch that is covered in spots. I hope she passes the spots on to her kids.

Jelly Bean is pregnant again, this time by Houdini. BUT if you all remember, she was wild as a March Hare when I got her. She is VERY tame now. She loves to stand for scratches and animals cookies. She is producing a fair amount of milk. AND she is darling on the milk stand.

My latest girl, Reina, is the mini-me of Mama. She is going to be as big as Mama when she grows up and would be a clone of her except instead of white markings she has brown markings. She has Mama's personality. She has a beautiful long dairy body, wide hips, long gorgeous legs, and a perfectly straight topline.

As you may remember, I lost Angel, my Siberian Husky. Then my cat, to a dog. Then my little girl Gooterbell got run over.

I have a pup, Goofy. He is a black lab pup. Really, he is my DBF's dog. Wish me LUCK! My DBF, named him and loves him more than me. Goofy is a goofy, sweet loyal little pup who stays right by my side and never misses a step.