Question about BYH

DaSouthernYankee

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hey y’all I’m new here but I’m an existing member of backyard chickens. I use the app to access their forum, do we have one for herds? Or is there one in the making because that would be awesome!!

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the note! We don't have an app for BYH yet, but it's on our todo list.

One quick question: The BYC app is pretty much 100% the same experience that you get when browsing the site via a mobile browser. What are the current benefits you get from using the app vs. using the site in your browser?

DaSouthernYankee

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the note! We don't have an app for BYH yet, but it's on our todo list.

One quick question: The BYC app is pretty much 100% the same experience that you get when browsing the site via a mobile browser. What are the current benefits you get from using the app vs. using the site in your browser?
Awesome! I look forward to seeing it come to fruition!:)
And yes, it is pretty much the same as using the website but it will allow you to stay logged into your account. I suppose since I’m so new to backyard farming I frequently have questions and like the ease of being able to click the app icon from my home screen and immediately see any updates or notifications. BYH is equally helpful to me but I’d love to be able to avoid opening my browser and signing in every time I want to check a thread or search something. It sounds silly but the ease and quickness really is helpful to me say I’m at the store I’m the feed aisle trying to make a quick decision or ask about a product I’ve never seen, etc.