Question about pedigree & conformation

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, I agree that there is hot and then there is East of the Rockies hot. One big reason I'm still living in CA.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@babsbag Have you had any problem with kidding issues or parasites due to the heat? Want to make sure what we do is good for the girls. Being able to breed them to kid would be preferable. However don't want any issues for doe or babies.

The heat does get bad here. Once it hits 110 it's just plain miserable. I'm not sure i'd want them to kid in that heat. How do yours do?

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@misfitmorgan Our ND are pocket babies. They're so sweet, always wanting attention. Have not had a problem with catching them yet. Not for feet trimming, giving medicine, nothing. This is what I love about them so far. I have a 3/4 ND 1/4 Boer buck, who is the sweetest buck here. He loves people. Even sweeter than the Mini Alpine. He will be bred to our boer doe, but that wont be until next year. We were suppose to get a 50/50 ND/Boer doe to breed him too, but she got killed.
I think the mini manchas are adorable. We have not owned a La Mancha or Mini Mancha yet. We also just found out that the 4H here only shows Pygmy goats. I can't seem to find them locally either, as we were going to put our youngest daughter in 4H. She loves helping with the goats. Was hoping she could show a ND, but they don't do that here. :(

Our alpine is sweet, intelligent and the first one to figure things out. Not in a good way either. He's destroyed countless chicken coops to get to the feed.

Our Mini Nubian loves attention, she's sweet but VOCAL! Take any of her friends away and she SCREAMS. She's also our alarm if any one gets out. :lol:

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Chocolates Pedigree.png

Here is chocolates Pedigree. Now the breeder says the ADGA website is not working to show who the registered owner is? We're currently not apart of ADGA, so i'm not sure how that works exactly.

With the spots being left open like they are, can you register offspring with only one registered ND? With knowing chocolates actual birthday that makes her a bit younger than we thought.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can register offspring with one registered parent; the offspring is called a "Recorded Grade". However, I don't think that ADGA allows that with the ND. They have what is called a closed herdbook, meaning no outsiders or unknowns allowed. But ADGA didn't always recognize ND so there was probably some leeway in back generations in getting them registered to start with.

I have not had problems with the heat or parasites, but I don't live where it is humid. Parasites are seldom a problem for me and I deal with cocci no matter what the temps are. I had 3 born in May last year and 3 in June. I was ready to put up fans if needed but they did ok. I think it could be way different with humidity.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
The places missing on the pedigree were animals that were not registered with ADGA, but instead were registered with AGS.

ADGA will accept an animal that is registered with AGS into it's herd book.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh that is super helpful. That's why my dual registered doe has like three things on her pedigree. I couldn't figure that one out!

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a doeling registered to the NDGA who I want to register to the ADGA, but in order to do that I have to register her to the AGS. As of now, they can't trace what is on her pedigree to the AGS, so I probably won't be able to do that.:( I guess her kids will all be registered grade.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a doeling registered to the NDGA who I want to register to the ADGA, but in order to do that I have to register her to the AGS. As of now, they can't trace what is on her pedigree to the AGS, so I probably won't be able to do that.:( I guess her kids will all be registered grade.
There are no recorded grades for Nigerians.