Question about pedigree & conformation

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you register the buck to NDGA and sell kids as such? Do you want to register with ADGA for showing purposes?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh that is super helpful. That's why my dual registered doe has like three things on her pedigree. I couldn't figure that one out!

I have several that have nothing on one side of the pedigree, because when we got Ginger, she was just registered with AGS. With her first two or three kids, we never took the step of presenting Ginger herself for ADGA registration, just her kids. We had to send her original AGS registration paper with the ADGA application for her kids.

We finally paid the money and registered her with ADGA, so her later kids at least show her on the pedigree, but none of her ancestors.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you all for the information. Lots to think about.

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a doeling registered to the NDGA who I want to register to the ADGA, but in order to do that I have to register her to the AGS. As of now, they can't trace what is on her pedigree to the AGS, so I probably won't be able to do that.:( I guess her kids will all be registered grade.
I did hear back from the AGS.

She can be registered.

For $113.

I told them I wanted to wait and see how he freshened and decide if it is worth it. Don't want to pay that much if she has a horrendous udder.

Reactions: TAH

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
"So we finally got all the background and were able to trace back far enough to get Magnolia registered. The fees to get her registered are going to be $113 at member rates. There is quite a bit in her background that has to be registered in order to get her registered. If you would like to proceed please let me know and I'll let you know the next steps. Thank you!"

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like I would be paying for the registry of her unregistered pedigree.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
$113 is a large chunk of money, but it isn't that bad. I mean for an "unregistered" goat to have the opportunity to become registered with AGS/ADGA I think it would be worth it IF she is a good doe.

The AGS has always been very reasonable, I don't think they are gouging the price. It takes $ to to do what they do. It takes time to go back and find all the info needed. By the looks of your above post, it looks like they worked hard to find and trace back all the info.

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
$113 is a large chunk of money, but it isn't that bad. I mean for an "unregistered" goat to have the opportunity to become registered with AGS/ADGA I think it would be worth it IF she is a good doe.

The AGS has always been very reasonable, I don't think they are gouging the price. It takes $ to to do what they do. It takes time to go back and find all the info needed. By the looks of your above post, it looks like they worked hard to find and trace back all the info.
I know and I feel really bad that they did all that, I just can't afford it right now.

If she looks really good when she freshens, they said they can save her info and register her then.