Question about the size of anatolian shepherds

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank You. Callie is a remarkable girl.
Pinto's are popping up more and more. I love it!!!!!!!!
Callie and all her litter mates were serious at 9wks.... and no playfulness... serious watchers and get to the goats mentality. She is playful with us but she took to "D" my one pyrenees male... love at first sight and they are inseparable..... D LOVES Callie and she him! It is almost too strange! :lol:

Our dogs are introduced to a crate but they are not "crated" if that makes sense.
They are raised outside from birth... our pups were born in, around or under a barn in with goats from the beginning.
We do house train all of our LGD's and give couch time lovey time, basic obedience etc... but they are guardians and LOVE their goats. So even though they love to come in, cuddle,get treats etc they will head to the door and stand up hitting the door jamb to say... OK-done here... want to get back to my field! :lol:

I am glad you are enjoying your Toli. They are truly wonderful dogs! So laid back and easy going... yet they can "turn it on" when they need too.

Nothing can compare to the LGD breeds! They are awesome!

Callie's brother (from an earlier litter) was an all white toli.... absolutely amazing dog! He would have made a great breeding male!
One of Callie's litter mate was an all white male...... at 9 weeks old he was the absolute best LGD pup I had EVER SEEN! I so wanted to take him home. But having 2 male pyrs... that wasn't gonna work. :/ The males in Callies line are highly male/male aggressive. Bad enough with 2 male pyrs... but we have teams so we don't have much of an issue.

Bcnewe just got a toli too... she has an awesome girl.

Glad to see the toli's getting a little good "publicity".... for so long there has been so much untrue bad crap about them.. weird!

I am looking forward to seeing how he grows! He will be a looker for sure!

HoneyDreameMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Can see why you 'were doomed' - he's beautiful! My LGD is a Pyr/Anatolian mix, and he's solid white. When you have a flock, they do make life easier. LGDs are the best!

Latest posts