Questions from the newbie

dfunnyfarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ok thanks for all the wonderful, helpful advice. I so appricitate it. You're the BEST!!

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
I'd vote for making him a bucket calf. If he has trouble with sucking, he may *get* the bucket faster. And if he is pacing and searching, he may very well be too excited to have a clue.
Keep rubbing him down. Pretend you are momma cow licking AS he eats. You can be a bit rough on the rubbing. She would be.

oh.. and ALWAYS read the directions:)--- on everything! You never know when they will change them and not tell you.

If you were mixing it that heavy, I would not worry. He was actually getting enough nutrition in him from the concentration and it was better that he didn't drink a lot of that. You can always try a bottle of warm sugar water to get more liquid into him. Is his pee really yellow? If so, encourage more water.

MReit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Other than treating for the scours please do not medicate unless you have a reason. The "it couldn't hurt" theroy does hurt. It's part of what helps these bugs build immunity to antibiotics.
There's pro's and con's...I'll keep my mouth shut :)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
MReit said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Other than treating for the scours please do not medicate unless you have a reason. The "it couldn't hurt" theroy does hurt. It's part of what helps these bugs build immunity to antibiotics.
There's pro's and con's...I'll keep my mouth shut :)
If there isn't an illness your treating you shouldn't medicate with antibiotics. If your referring to preventative treatments for like cocci something like penicillain won't work.