1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Member need info, new to bee keeping - Help each other out discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Rabbit 1st aid

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Rabbits' started by pintail_drake2004, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Jan 12, 2018
    pintail_drake2004

pintail_drake2004 Just born

Hey folks,
    What all should I put in my rabbits 1st aid kit? Anything that you think is required?

2. Jan 12, 2018
    Pastor Dave

Pastor Dave True BYH Addict

I have had to inject penicillin for mastitis, so that and the fill needles, although the Feds made it pretty hard to get your own meds now, so check with other farmers around or local co-op. I like Vetrimycin too for cuts or sores. Doesn't hurt if licked or gets in eyes. I may think of more. Others on here too that might have ideas.
    Edit: Thought of something else. I use rolled or steel cut oats for diarrhea. Keep it on hand, but hardly ever use it.

@promiseacres
    @Bunnylady
    @Hens and Roos

3. Jan 12, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

I have durapen, needles, and syringes, cornstarch for torn nails, corid and fenbendazole for parasites. A mix of water, vinegar and nolvasan in a spray bottle for any sneezing bunnies. I use panalogue for cuts, wounds.

Pastor Dave likes this.
  4. Jan 12, 2018
    Pastor Dave

Nice!

5. Jan 12, 2018
    Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Herd Master

we have needles, syringes, Pen G, corid, vetrimycin, fenbendazole, cornstarch, old towels, extra cage(s), nail clippers, vet wrap, probiotic powder and also all the items in our goat kit if needed.

promiseacres likes this.
  6. Jan 17, 2018
    Lili Lee's Sunshine

Lili Lee's Sunshine Exploring the pasture

I breed show rabbits,
    I keep pepto bismol, penicillin, Terramycin, corn starch, the sniffles vaccine, salve, syringes, needles, electrolytes, various other antibiotics for emergencys, Lysol to clean up diseases if caught, corrid, vinegar, vetricyn, fenbendazole, towels, ace bandages, other sticky bandages, towels, nail clippers, extra tattoo set, antibiotic powder, plain yogurt in the fridge, alcohol 97%, rolled oats to disguise medicine lol, and bennebac, oral niamycin, critical care, petroleum jelly, homeade herbal salves, blu kote, cotton balls, hydrogen peroxide, castor oil, and I keep 10 quarentine cages 80 acres away

7. Jan 17, 2018
    Pastor Dave

That might be far enough away ;)

Lili Lee's Sunshine likes this.
  8. Jan 17, 2018
    Pastor Dave

I have had to quarantine on the other side of my shed. The halves are divided by a tarp. Best I could do at the time.

Lili Lee's Sunshine likes this.