1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hay for young goats - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Contest Time!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

4. BYC Other Poultry Calendar for sale!!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Rabbit 1st aid

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Rabbits' started by pintail_drake2004, Jan 12, 2018 at 1:07 PM.

1. Jan 12, 2018 at 1:07 PM
    pintail_drake2004

pintail_drake2004 Herd lurker

Hey folks,
    What all should I put in my rabbits 1st aid kit? Anything that you think is required?

2. Jan 12, 2018 at 5:56 PM
    Pastor Dave

Pastor Dave True BYH Addict

I have had to inject penicillin for mastitis, so that and the fill needles, although the Feds made it pretty hard to get your own meds now, so check with other farmers around or local co-op. I like Vetrimycin too for cuts or sores. Doesn't hurt if licked or gets in eyes. I may think of more. Others on here too that might have ideas.
    Edit: Thought of something else. I use rolled or steel cut oats for diarrhea. Keep it on hand, but hardly ever use it.

@promiseacres
    @Bunnylady
    @Hens and Roos

3. Jan 12, 2018 at 6:09 PM
    promiseacres

promiseacres True BYH Addict

I have durapen, needles, and syringes, cornstarch for torn nails, corid and fenbendazole for parasites. A mix of water, vinegar and nolvasan in a spray bottle for any sneezing bunnies. I use panalogue for cuts, wounds.

Pastor Dave likes this.
  4. Jan 12, 2018 at 6:26 PM
    Pastor Dave

Pastor Dave True BYH Addict

Nice!

5. Jan 12, 2018 at 9:12 PM
    Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Herd Master

we have needles, syringes, Pen G, corid, vetrimycin, fenbendazole, cornstarch, old towels, extra cage(s), nail clippers, vet wrap, probiotic powder and also all the items in our goat kit if needed.

promiseacres likes this.