Rabbit Cookbook Recommendations?

brentr

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
For all you fellow rabbit meat lovers, what cookbook do you recommend/use for rabbit recipes? I'm wanting to find a cookbook dedicated to rabbit, not 2-3 recipes in a wild game cookbook that covers all game. Looking first for printed book, digital media is an option.

Thanks!

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
A few years back, when we started eating rabbit, we looked for rabbit cook books... and didn't find anything. We then tried books like "Joy of Cooking" and even Larousse Gastronomique, which has three lapin (rabbit) recipes and finally settled into anything you can do with veal or chicken you can do with rabbit.

Not much of a help for your question though. We really enjoy our rabbit much more than we do chicken... more flavor and smoother texture.

Last year we even ended up pressure canning a bunch of rabbit. Pulled out a can just the other week and was pleased with the result: more flavor than canned chicken breast, but was a little chewy. Maybe we pressure canned for too long a time.

Good luck on your search for a rabbit cookbook. Keep us all posted on what you find, if you don't mind.

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I crock pot mine and use in place of chicken, it is awesome.