Rabbit eye injury

BunnyTree

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I brought my buck to the vet 2 almost 3 weeks ago because he had a lot of crust and gunk around his eye.The vet said that he had scratched it on something and she gave me an eye cream that I had to rub on twice every day and his eye got a ton better but now it has stayed the same. The vet did say that we might need to change medicines... Is there anything that I can do besides bringing him back in so that I can save eighty some dollars in vet bills? I can get a picture if needed. Thank you :)

BunnyTree

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ok...where would I be able to find this? I will try to get a picture of the eye soon

BunnyTree

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
IMG_2896.JPG

This is the eye...this picture makes it look a lot pinker than it actually is

Gingerpool

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My baby rabbit had a similar problem. When it started looking so pink and swollen from some medicine I just game him some time to just let his immune system to try and fight for a while. It's been a week or two and his eye is looking healthy but he is permanently blind in the eye. Which I was expecting for such a young rabbit.

I hope your rabbit gets well soon anyway.

BunnyTree

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I will probably end up bringing him to the vet in the next couple of days...just to be safe, I will keep y'all updated :)

BunnyTree

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I haven't brought him to the vet yet and I was (and might) do it today but then I remembered essential oils. Can I use this around his eye? I was thinking lavender but if anyone else has any better oils to use I would like to know them :)

Latest posts