Rabbit food show off purina vs blue seal vs nutrena

Ella carpenter

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My opinion I used to like blue seal but my rabbits recently began losing weight switched to Purina and have had no issues since. I used nutrena once but didn't like that it was in 40lb bags. And my favorite out of the 3 is Purina specially Purina show ,but I mix it with blue bonnet 18% food so I get the nice fur quality from the Purina show and they keep a good weight with the 18% food. Let me know your thoughts!

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My opinion I used to like blue seal but my rabbits recently began losing weight switched to Purina and have had no issues since. I used nutrena once but didn't like that it was in 40lb bags. And my favorite out of the 3 is Purina specially Purina show ,but I mix it with blue bonnet 18% food so I get the nice fur quality from the Purina show and they keep a good weight with the 18% food. Let me know your thoughts!
I dont think I have any of these options. We have Manna, Kent and generic store brand. Do you get yours through a store or online?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Get a brand that you can get locally and that it doesn't set on a shelf for a long time. I used to get manna pro at a "box" feed store, which is a good feed but it sometimes was a month to go through their pallet and other times they were out of it... would suggest the 10# bag.... :mad::mad: then I'd have to drive another 90 minutes to get the feed at the store in the next town. Now I get it from a local feed distributor (in the owners pole barn on their property) I have to order but it's always fresh. And she does try to keep extra on hand for me. We feed Rowe. It is working for all our rabbits,2# polish to 11# New zealands, and Mini rex and Velveteen Lops.

Latest posts