Rabbit harnesses?

Kimmy Brown

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have two baby New Zealand(?) rabbits. I want to get a harness for them, but I'm not sure what to get. When they grow up, they will be anywhere from 9 to 12 lb, currently there each about 2 lb. Any ideas where to look? And what to look for?🐇🤷

Kimmy Brown

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have two baby New Zealand(?) rabbits. I want to get a harness for them, but I'm not sure what to get. When they grow up, they will be anywhere from 9 to 12 lb, currently there each about 2 lb. Any ideas where to look? And what to look for?🐇🤷
This one maybe?

tarakitten

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Do you want them to wear the harness all the time or only when being handled? I recommend against big padded harness like the one you linked as rabbits tend to overheat easily. I prefer simple figure eight harnesses. I make my own simple figure eight rabbit harnesses out of lightweight rope and they've always worked great for walking rabbits of all sizes. You can also buy simple figure eight harnesses at most pet supply stores.

Kimmy Brown

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Do you want them to wear the harness all the time or only when being handled? I recommend against big padded harness like the one you linked as rabbits tend to overheat easily. I prefer simple figure eight harnesses. I make my own simple figure eight rabbit harnesses out of lightweight rope and they've always worked great for walking rabbits of all sizes. You can also buy simple figure eight harnesses at most pet supply stores.
The plan is only when I take them on walks. I actually went ahead and bought medium and a small, my bigger bunny it's the small just barely, (he has almost grown out of it) and I was having him wear it while they ate there pellets. The harness seems to fit him pretty well, he seems to not mind, but the other one doesn't like to see it on his friend, so he tried to chew it off. I'm not leaving them with their harness anymore! Also it's a very breathable material, but I got them off of Amazon, so I can return the medium, (the small is too damaged from being chewed on) and try to get a figure eight instead. Thank you for the info!😘

Kimmy Brown

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Okay yeah, I need to get a figure eight harness. Do you know of any models/brands?

tarakitten

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score

barefoot_bast

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score

I purchased one of these for my Woolies a few years ago. The rabbits seemed fine with it, and I had no issues with them slipping out of it or overheating. I can't speak for longevity, as life took over and I stopped leash and harness training for a while.