Rabbit hutches.....

Rabbit-boy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm starting this form to find ideals for rabbit hutches and cages.......

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We just built this one and followed the plans from a person on you tube. The sides and back comes off for more air flow in the summer.

3140_downsized4.jpg

ChickenPotPie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I use stackers. I have KW, Carnahan's (now West Coast Cages), and was lucky enough to find a old Glick (an antique you might say but much sturdier than the best cage companies today put out). I love the cages I have.

I keep my stackers, metal cans of feed and bedding, bales of hay for goats (and a bit for the rabbits), in my 12x32 mini-barn. Here is a pic of my barn. It has three small windows, double-dutch doors on one side, a garage door on one end, and a ridge vent that goes the length of the roof. It also has a small loft. It was placed to allow the best breeze to go through one door and out the other. I attached pvc pipe misters above the garage door to cool the air that goes into the barn in summer. I also use a portable livestock fan to help pull the air through on hot days w/no breeze. The misters and fan help lower the inside temp 10 - 15 degrees. This year I might add another vent and grow sunflowers on the sides that get afternoon sun in hope of being able to lower the temp even more. In winter, I can close up the barn on nights it gets below freezing.

Here are some pics of it the day it arrived.

DSCN0401.jpg

Side w/two windows and double dutch doors

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

Looking in through the garage door. Loft is at the opposite end.

DSCN0407.jpg

Looking out the dutch doors.

On a side note, my favorite set up is hanging cages in a barn w/dirt floor and good ventilation.

What is your set up like, rabbit-boy?