Rabbit nearly dead from some type of enteritis

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I just thought I would post my findings.
I had this seven week old bun that seemed to have enteritis. Not sure what caused it.
At first onset I treated for cocci. She seemed okay but not great.
She didn't appear to be eating much or drinking and I figured she was a goner and I should just cull her.
A friend of ours grows medical marijuana and had a variety that is specifically for pain.
We got to chatting and I mentioned I needed to go and cull this bun to put it out of its misery.
He suggested I try feeding her some leaves from his plants. I figured what the heck. Might as well give it a try. Well, she is doing great now. Her eyes are back to wide open and she is eating and drinking. and comes running to front of the cage for her leaves.
I was really surprised at how quick her turn around was on this treatment.
Next time I need to treat a bun with any med I am going to include some leaves in order to encourage them to keep eating and drinking.
LOL

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They are pushing to make it legal in Oregon as recreational. I do not think thats a good idea at all. Nothing like creating a group of unemployable people. LOL

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Next time I have a goat in distress I may try it to ease pain and relax the goat a bit. If I do wind up doing this I will post results. Good or bad.
It would be so cool if something so simple could be useful in goat treatment.

Latest posts