1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Meet Pearl, New Horse - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Rabbit recipes? KID FRIENDLY!!!

Discussion in 'Recipes and Kitchen Tips' started by ChikenChik, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Jun 22, 2018
    ChikenChik

ChikenChik Exploring the pasture

Seriously looking for rabbit recipes my kids will eat! We have meat rabbits and I have done the baked rabbit, rabbit stew, cream of mushroom rabbit, and bbq rabbit but tonight is the FIRST TIME I got my kids to eat rabbit without turning up their noses. (I always tell them what they are eating...I am not that mom) This is BIG!! I did tacos and mixed half and half ground rabbit and some really fatty hamburger. They ate it just like regular tacos. My husband said it was decent too. Honestly I don't think he would have noticed had I not said anything.( I have no problem being that wife!)But he''s difficult lol. Anyone have any other recipes for stuff kids and picky people will eat even if it is mixed with other meat? I really want to try nuggets.

2. Jun 22, 2018
    Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Herd Master

we make pot pie with the meat and also make the meat with gravy to put over bread and mashed potatoes.

3. Jun 22, 2018
    Donna R. Raybon

Donna R. Raybon Loving the herd life

Anything calling for chicken substitute rabbit. We fry like chicken if young and bake in tightly lidded roaster if older.

4. Jun 23, 2018
    mystang89

mystang89 True BYH Addict

This one. You can't go wingw with rabbit pie especially for children. It's PIE after all! My children love it.

5. Jun 23, 2018
    RollingAcres

RollingAcres Herd Master

@Pastor Dave he raises rabbits for meat I believe. Maybe he has some kud friendly recipes to share.

Wehner Homestead likes this.
  6. Jun 23, 2018
    Pastor Dave

Pastor Dave True BYH Addict

I use the backstraps for breaded nuggets. Cut into chunks, hammer tender, and bread & fry. Also other portions deboned and hammered work good for breaded cutlets.
    I have a good chicken casserole that is easy, can use cooked rabbit, and kids love it. It is good in noodles, and on the grill.