rachels.haven's Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a longhorn bull, sure was glad to bet rid of him! He was white, speckled with red, so pretty! He charged at me. I got a piece of metal pipe, took a "batter up" stance and just before he ran me down, I swung and whacked him HARD on the nose. That stopped him. He'd shake his head and start at me again and I beat him all over with that pipe, chased him off, still beating him until he outran me. He jumped fences like a deer and the sheriff's department was always calling me to put him up. Finally sold him. Durned longhorn nearly started a range war. He jumped the fence, went down the road, jumped a fence and bred a registered Angus herd. LOL

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a longhorn bull, sure was glad to bet rid of him! He was white, speckled with red, so pretty! He charged at me. I got a piece of metal pipe, took a "batter up" stance and just before he ran me down, I swung and whacked him HARD on the nose. That stopped him. He'd shake his head and start at me again and I beat him all over with that pipe, chased him off, still beating him until he outran me. He jumped fences like a deer and the sheriff's department was always calling me to put him up. Finally sold him. Durned longhorn nearly started a range war. He jumped the fence, went down the road, jumped a fence and bred a registered Angus herd. LOL
😱

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Longhorns are popular around here, there are several breeders and they sell then for stupid high prices. Just a mile or so from us is a farm with a pasture full of longhorns. I like to look at them, but don't want any. Well, maybe a skull with those cool horns.......

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dan would probably love to grow up like that. I don't think he wants bulls though. He just wants to produce his beloved cow milk.

You ought to have Danger Dan spend some time with Miss @farmerjan. He'd get to see the dairy cows getting milked and could spend some time up close with some beef cattle. He'd probably be thrilled!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol, Danger Dan would not want to come home and would want to become a professional milk tester at 5.
There is an opening in NJ for a milk tester with Dairy One.... talked to the mid-Atlantic regional supervisor the other day.... although we are "competitor companies" the sup and I talk regularly.... and he said the "girl" that has been the tester there for over 6 years gave her notice and he is looking for a replacement..... SADLY, one requirement is that they have to have their drivers license..... Don't think Danger Dan would qualify.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :gig:gig:gig

Last edited: