rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
:sick That feeling you get when you go out to milk in the evening after an outing and hear goat screaming from the pen and discover all the keeper bottle baby doelings huddled shivering in the corner of the main pen stall rather than shut in their stall and things knocked over and gone through and the bottle you left out in the bottler stall not where you left it. The human kids were either out with us all day or inside. The milk bar was still full this evening when normally it is empty by now. Two of the doelings are acting hunched and either hurt or sick. This is so wrong. I hate it here.

On the other hand we found a property 20 minutes from here on 7 mostly cleared acres, with a lovely classic style farmhouse done in a conservative way I was used to growing up, with a barn machine shed (may need to be demolished) and an old chicken barn that need renovation for goats but for about half of what our current house is worth but is more to our liking. If our bid "wins" we could be out of mortgage (all) debt in a year and back where we like to be financially. Pray for us if you pray. If not, send us good vibes and wish us luck.

My $40 cell phone connected, recording security camera is on the way, as are a dozen new no trespassing signs and one "trespassers will be shot" sigh, which should be adequate enough to disclose they are being photographed/filmed while expressing my feelings on the matter in a delightfully misleading way. Now I get a kidding cam in a way I didn't want, but fine...stupid entitled bratty people with no boundaries. :somad

And it could have been anyone. We've sold kids and adult goats so people know we're here now, we have new neighbors with kids, and we have old neighbors with kids lining the road and adults everywhere. Why can't they stay off my property and out of my barnyard (and home yard?!).

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
A good hot wire all the way around on a plug in type charger that will knock them on their a$$es....
I hope the kids will be okay...

Yes, time to move YESTERDAY.... tell your realtor that you want this property... and make sure that you are the highest bidder.... yes, they can do that if they really want to take care of their client....

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kid was alive today, btw. So I was relived. Kind of hard to be comfortable here with this continuing to happen. The neighbor complaining about Bailey working to the point I have to put her up at night isn't nice either. That's why I lost my ducks.

The horse neighbor says the same trespassing thing happens to her so now she has driveway alarms and cameras up. I doubt it's any of them. That's nice but scary. At least they'd have horse sense.

I'm waiting to count chicks until the weak ones either shore up or die. Hatch rate wasn't great, but I set a lot of eggs.

Last edited:

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmm, 6 minutes from the farmers exchange, 8 minutes from our favorite human grocery store, and only 20 minutes from tsc... Now if we could renovate the barn and fence the property as soon as we move in it would be perfect.

Most of all paying off the whole mortgage by the end of the year would be within our grasp. I've missed being debt free!

Latest posts