rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol, rats. Now one of the front doors on the barn won't open because it's touching the floor at the bottom. As soon as the garage is clear of boxes I'll switch to milking in there. I was whimsically wishing all that creaking was in my head and it was all fine. Aw well.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry and sad that it is in that shape. Looks so good from the pictures, but obviously there is more to it than what shows. Any new estimates or opinions? I realize that regardless of the condition, you have the kids and animals to be responsible for. Shame it is not more sturdy.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
No. The structural engineer said not to put anything living in there. No word from the people I contacted. Dealing with contractors around here is like shouting into the void, but whatever.
Second covid shot today (pfizer). The Groton house is professionally cleaned and staged. This weekend is barn and the one wing attic clean out days. We want to list it before June and get it sold. The way the market is at the moment it seems you list it Monday, have an offer deadline of the following Monday, and have it sold on Tuesday. Hoping for the best. I'd like enough from that house to pay off most of this one. Then subsequent paychecks can go towards our living expenses, the barn, and savings.

Summer and a bunch of the babies are hiding in the machine shed rather than grazing. I guess someone had to babysit.

goats grazing.jpg

Latest posts