rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. One thing that shakes me up is that they recognized one of my kids was sick and sent him home on the bus with all the other kids anyway then sent an email this morning letting us know that he was acting sick, and wouldn't talk to the teacher about it, so they called in the guidance counselor, who my sick boy also wouldn't talk to. WHY DIDN'T THEY CALL ME YESTERDAY?! Or take a temp?! Then call me?! My germy kid was on the bus with all the other kids. Even if this is just a cold, a temp of 103.2 is a high temp and these kids are in bad shape. Nobody extra should have to be exposed to that.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! Put him on the bus?!?!? And you found out via email TODAY?!?!?!?!?
They most definitely should have called you. Seems like a talk with the principal if not the district supervisor is in order. They NEED to take care of all the kids. How many are going to come down with this in a few days? Their actions could shut the school down for too many Covid cases (if he has that).

Do you know why he won't talk to the teacher or the counselor? Usually kids that age will talk to their teacher.

Last edited:

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sons don't like to admit to being in pain or uncomfortable to people they're not very familiar with and it's only day 3 of school. I guess not even teachers or counselors get a free pass (why not try the nurse and thermometer, as thermometers don't clam up or burst into tears...). The 7 year old was already probably feeling terrible as well, making it worse. They really only talk to my husband and I about feelings including health unless their dad or I get them started. They'll probably grow out of it as their judgement and feeling of what's appropriate develops.

It's not something they do normally at home when in their element. Same child just asked me from across the house, in front of everyone if he needed to poop in the evening if he already pooped in the morning. THAT'S our normal.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Covid test came back. Not covid. Mixed feelings on the matter. We kept the fever under control and they did okay. If it was covid, this was bad but not life threating and they'd have immunity. Aw well. I think they're just starting to get better. They started fighting again, lol.
Baby spiked 103 fever this afternoon. Time to hit the baby meds. He holds a thermometer in his mouth when in a good mood if you ask, but we made a special trip to WM to get an infrared forehead thermometer (have you ever tried telling a 9 mo old to keep his mouth shut? Works about as well as you'd imagine. Makes me worry it would be higher without the air exposure, and as mom I've got to know).

Anyway, we'll probably be done with this in a couple of days, thank goodness.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
DW was appalled as well. Any time our kids got sick at school we were required to go pick them up. No bus rides for sick kids and that was WAY WAY before Covid.
Absolutely.

If it was Covid then you’d have the BTDT (been there done that) and over with. But then you never know just how sick anyone will get. So glad it’s not anything serious and all will be well soon.