rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love it, @Baymule . That's the spirit!

Fence guy said he could find someone to remove it for easy money. My guess is that the someone said it was out of their league or flaked on him and he just carried on.

Yes, that's our property there too. I was going to put the buck run back there. There is a 12 foot gap I left for a cattle panel gate that could accommodate a lift too if a different angle approach was needed. As soon as I get done with this cold I should probably get on that tree for real (so much illness this year, at least it's not strep in the house for the 6th time).

We'll do our best to get it taken care of soon now to protect the fence.

Oh, and vet said Patrick's tail will heal, even the open looking spot, and only charged me half a farm call, so he's good.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's especially funny because his office is in sorry shape and there may be big changes for it coming that may involve being moved or totally shut down is my guess. She unintentionally made light of an unstable situation I've been worrying about. Made the uncertainty funny. Maybe we'll miss the fence flattening and all.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You had hinted a couple of times that things were not what they should be at his job. It has to be tough and stressful for him, and for you. Are there other offices/headquarters for his company that you all could be transferred to? Maybe you could be looking for a "better place" that would be more stable for a longer term? Here's hoping that things will work out for the whole situation.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are a few. They are not close, and we have a desire to choose carefully after this to find another one like we had in Detroit that had a work environment that is easier to balance with family life (and his own personal life, but I will not get started on that). If the other offices here are like this one where 16-18 hour days and weekends for the big wig's whim is the normal which is already becoming burnout, I'd rather he preserve his mental health and soul and we go through the mess and stress of moving for a long term career continuation rather than a short term job.

Things will be okay in the end, I'm sure, just like with that tree. I put one of the pictures on our town page and I've got several recommendations and one guy with a tree company who personally wants to do it. I'm interested to see what they do. I'm sure it won't be free, but I've got a path now.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are a few. They are not close, and we have a desire to choose carefully after this to find another one like we had in Detroit that had a work environment that is easier to balance with family life (and his own personal life, but I will not get started on that). If the other offices here are like this one where 16-18 hour days and weekends for the big wig's whim is the normal which is already becoming burnout, I'd rather he preserve his mental health and soul and we go through the mess and stress of moving for a long term career continuation rather than a short term job.

Things will be okay in the end, I'm sure, just like with that tree. I put one of the pictures on our town page and I've got several recommendations and one guy with a tree company who personally wants to do it. I'm interested to see what they do. I'm sure it won't be free, but I've got a path now.

The guy with the tree company that wants to do it would be a good one if he is reasonable. It will also be good advertisement for his company if they do it with no damage and problems.....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
A job that robs you of your life is dreaded drudgery. Poor man! Things will work out, they always do. Sometimes, when you are up to your A$$ in alligators, it’s hard to remember your object was to drain the swamp.

Yeah, I do have a knack for finding the humor in almost any situation. Don’t ever take me with you to pick out a coffin for your beloved departed, I have some very dark humor. LOL