rachels.haven's Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was thinking brain tumor too. If a university won’t take him, what about the vet doing an autopsy?

Really sorry this has turned out so badly. Something is broken in Badger, he can’t help it, but that doesn’t give him a free pass. We stand behind you on your decision. Big hugs. You need one.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made horchata last night to break the tension. Bailey got her loft back today. Our barnyard is hers again. I tried to invite her into the house but the house does not smell like hay so she left out the open door shortly after I went to go feed the goats.

I think things are going to be okay.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i am so so sorry rachel i know how hard that is ou loved him and you gave him the best life he could have had the short time he was normal its not yours or his doing he had something neither of yall could have changed and i doubt he would have wanted to any of yall, its better for him to end his suffering and for your babies and you.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. That's how we got Bailey. She's the best and I owe her big time. I don't want to think about a new dog just yet, but DH just said the same thing last night when I was attempting to be down on humanity and myself.

This whole experience has been an interesting study on humanity on multiple fronts. Badger's breeder keeps altering her response to the reviews and Yelp keeps telling me about it. I guess she figured insulting people who wonder about her reputation wasn't smart and now she's switching to upright lying about what happened...or maybe she's crazy...all over a dog that couldn't help any of it. I think I want to be past caring about what she does. I might try to find a way to tell Yelp to stop telling me about her edits. I do want those reviews to stay up. Already had to fix that with Google. BUT I have better things to do than even that...like letting Bailey in the house to go bed-testing (when I really should be tidying the house, but making her happy is easy and fun and everything else takes effort). In my defense I was cleaning my room when this transpired. She makes the sacrificial alter bed that came with the house look really good. Good dog, keeping those covers safe!
IMG_20200124_121147544.jpg
).

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
However, she prefers the room at the end of the hall where we put our first attempts at buying the kids mattresses that we save for visiting cousins (Ikea, thin memory foam, too firm and hard for long term use). She does not like high beds. Taking Bailey bed testing was the fun thing the preschooler and I did today. Watching a dog is a perfect activity for a kid who hurt his foot last night and can't run around today.