rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought about those. Unfortunately they are sold out until the end of the year, and I'm taking the last three or four months of this year off as maintenance only months. These might have an attitude. They'll sell well if they do. People really want them around here.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's Fathers' Day, so we got the usual, "fathers you're not good enough, be better" talk at church, delivered by one of the ward dads over Zoom (the polar opposite of what mothers get on mothers' day, but it's funny because it's predictable). Then I made my husband a NORMAL, non gluten free chocolate cake, which turned out looking like a cow pie, because I don't make cakes...also, the recipe was large, now the boys are in trouble. Lots to eat over the next week. But it has sprinkles, so that fixes everything, right...giant cow pie with sprinkles... I missed his birthday with cake, so he gets one now, in the usual fashion.
I also discovered some hamburger in the fridge that passed it's use by date yesterday, so I wound up making DH cheeseburgers for lunch (?) to save it. I don't typically eat lunch and the kids just wanted ham sandwiches, so just for him, I guess.
And his one request for a special meal (we always do that for each other special occasions) was fried boneless "chicken wings" so lots of food around here. I'm attempting to gluten free that one so I can eat some. If the first batch fails the rest will be normal, flour breading. It's a little awkward to season the breading right when it makes you itchy when it gets on your skin and you can't try it to test for correct spice balance, but whatever. Tapioca starch breading attempt first. If it's an abomination, flour it will be. I have some nice self rising stuff hiding in the cupboard that will make the plan B breading awesome if need be. I may get it out and make biscuits, although I just made a batch of corn tortillas and those usually go over well. Plain quesadillas are always a fallback for kids who refuse everything. They'll never be as good as a family's that been making them for generations, but hey, mediocre, but better than store bought, non-itchy bread products work for me.

Meanwhile, someone ran around and spray painted the N word and obscene images on buildings all around town last night...so of course one of our board of selectmen had to go and take pictures and post on town page so everyone could publically virtue signal, denounce the graffiti, tell others to beat their kids, and blame the town republicans *facepalm*, say this would never happen in THEIR town, and announce that they're shocked that gambling is going on in the establishment to prove their innocence and superiority or whatever...erm, how about we NOT give publicity to someone's little stab at an attention grabbing, hurtful joke in our 99% white town? Let's not be culturally inbred teens and act like well rounded, mature adults who have had plenty of exposure to life in general...maybe...

I wish someone would claim the artist spelled the word wrong so someone would chime in, "no I didn't" so we can all be done with it. But I choose to have no opinion on this beyond the obvious so...

...clearly the answer here is MORE baking and cooking.

...lol...

This song applies to goaties too, right?

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_20200621_193825910.jpg

Porch Panthers

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
If the first batch fails the rest will be normal, flour breading.
Try chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour. It is gluten free and great for making fried onion rings. I think it would work well as a replacement for any wheat flour breaded food.

Let's not be culturally inbred teens and act like well rounded, mature adults who have had plenty of exposure to life in general...maybe...
Sadly there are many millions who never grew up past the "inbred teen" stage.

Porch Panthers
Our cats are looking like that as well. Too dang hot! We do NOT do 90°F.