rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seven year old kept us parents up particularly bad last night with the stupid "I'm scared so I have to wake you up every 5 minutes from 3:30 on" game as he has been doing for the last few weeks. So this morning I got up and angrily shoveled all the poop except for the dwarf bucklings' stall, which doesn't need it. Here are the bantam chicks with their similarly POed mommies.
1016 silkies.jpg

Today in a few minutes we leave to go to the dairy and look at a few nubians.
Kids who sleep in their own beds get video game time and a piece of candy every morning. Kids who keep parents up when they have no needs don't. Younger son was trying to follow older son's lead, so this is necessary now. Yay parenting. I need to be sane...I mean rested.
Can't focus on much else right now. Got to go run this errand. Will update on nubian situation later.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate to break the bad news to you, but you are still old. :old
:hit

game as he has been doing for the last few weeks.
Any idea why? Clearly the reward for staying in his bed isn't enough to win out over the "fear"/"manipulation".

I'm glad we didn't have that problem. Good luck!

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
My oldest is high energy and highly strung. I think he's getting too much screen time and not enough running around wrestling and screaming because of remote school. I'm going to try limit his recreational screen time more, see if it changes things. Today we went to Singing beach to catch the sunset after the goat dairy and they ran around and explored after a healthy dose of complaining from son number 1 (wants screen time that he knows I took away). Maybe it will help him tonight. After running around like crazy he talked for over an hour straight on the way home. I'm hoping to get the kids early to bed because DH has a migraine this evening as the result of last night's slumber party but I might need to do a pharmacy run for him first.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_20201017_175547407.jpg

IMG_20201017_175855973.jpg

Danger Dan.

IMG_20201017_175908047.jpg

Still haven't gotten Active Aiden to submit to a shearing and somehow he got out of the house wearing my shirt. Aw well. He says the ocean "calls him". I say swim lessons call him louder.
IMG_20201017_181455124.jpg

Parent until you drop! Plus, we were right next to the coast, so we couldn't not go.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beautiful scenery! So is Danger Dan the younger one and Active Aiden the older one, or the other way around? Hope you got some sleep last night.

Latest posts