rachels.haven's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can come to VT but you have to quarantine for 2 weeks before going to the store ;)

Before this latest rapid increase in cases (anyone remember how long ago Halloween and the accompanying parties was?) we were "green" and #1 (or #51 if you list them highest to lowest) for lowest # of cases/100K people and there were many out of state counties within driving distance that were also "green" so they could visit unrestricted. Now we are behind Maine and Hawaii and are an "orange" state. Only HI is yellow. We went from < 10 cases per day a few weeks ago to close to 150/day the last couple. 4 deaths in the last week, first ones since July. I can only imagine how bad it will be 2 weeks from now when all the people travel out of state for T-day .... and don't quarantine for 2 weeks when they get back.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
State tracking your phone? Leave it at home and confound them.
I would, but to curbside pickup at tsc calling or using their ap is required. I'll figure things out I'm sure. It's just annoying. I may have to come up with a technical solution if my Mass tsc doesn't work...well for us.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So you go to TSC first, pay in cash so no record of cc, then go to Sam's (assume that is in NH?).....

Another/continuing reason that I am a permanently displaced old style NE Yankee...... Have you seen some of what the total nut cases in CT are talking.....If Va doesn't get it's act together, I think that Eastern Tenn is looking better and better....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can come to VT but you have to quarantine for 2 weeks before going to the store ;)

Before this latest rapid increase in cases (anyone remember how long ago Halloween and the accompanying parties was?) we were "green" and #1 (or #51 if you list them highest to lowest) for lowest # of cases/100K people and there were many out of state counties within driving distance that were also "green" so they could visit unrestricted. Now we are behind Maine and Hawaii and are an "orange" state. Only HI is yellow. We went from < 10 cases per day a few weeks ago to close to 150/day the last couple. 4 deaths in the last week, first ones since July. I can only imagine how bad it will be 2 weeks from now when all the people travel out of state for T-day .... and don't quarantine for 2 weeks when they get back.

And every "shut down" then "cautious reopening" will cause another "surge in cases".

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
And Mass does creepy things like track your phone and send you daily notifications to remind you to do what they want. Yuck.

If you power off and if possible remove the battery from your phone, it will not track your position, but will give away your position when you call TSC.

Go back to a simple flip phone. There is no tracking ability on them. That is one reason I won't change....I do what I have to / want to on the computer and only do calls and texting on the phone.

A flip phone does not have the ability to determine its position via GPS, but it periodically broadcasts its presence to whatever cellphone towers are around and thus the phone company(-ies) can tell the phone's approximate location. If the phone is powered off, of course, it won't report on its position. But Miss Rachels.haven would still need to power on her phone to talk to TSC.

Miss Rachels.haven, I hope you can figure something out.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you @Senile_Texas_Aggie , I'm still hoping the Mass TSC will scrape by. Leominster is not a nice place to drive and the store tends to run out of things and stay out but it just has to work well ENOUGH. And maybe I can coax the goats into eating the nicer alfalfa pellets from the feed store if it does not. There is no reason for their snobbery that I know of. My husband does not share my willingness to bend or break rules so I'll do my best to follow them for a while for him and his peace of mind (until I've exhausted the other options or deemed it necessary, of course). The state is calling them "guidelines" after all. Guidelines with a $500 penalty attached if anyone gets caught...