rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tomorrow we are supposed to close on the new place. I've got mixed feelings in the matter. Today was the walk through. Apparently "we"/our real estate lawyer/our agent may have angered the seller. The seller pulled a stunt where they tried to sell the washer/drier separately from the house to us after ambiguously listing it as included to which the powers that be said "no, or buyer can walk" to...so instead the seller sold off everything that was supposed to be included for free (not a biggie to me) and sold off the one or two things DH did agree to buy separately (irritating since we already had a deal, but still no biggie), house is now filthy, they removed no nails/screws from hanging things (though you were always supposed to remove and at least patch at this price bracket) then they went around and took off some of the doors and they disappeared, and stripped off all the wall shelves leaving half inch holes in the drywall everywhere and large gouges in the paint which is unfortunately glossy and harder to patch and paint so a few of the rooms now look like trash...ouch. They hit the kids rooms hard. For the amount we're paying, and the amount above asking price it would be really nice if the walls weren't swiss cheese. No nails and screws everywhere would be nice too. I guess I should be grateful they didn't round up the field.
Meanwhile, this week after close we start hitting the moving out hard. Then WE get to restore OUR house to brand new condition. We will, however, be paying for a professional move out cleaning though (apparently in addition to a new house cleaning?). I do not think I can do a good enough job on the things I see daily. Plus current house is huge.
:th
In other news, I sold a bunch of goats this week. I will update later when things are quieter.

Tonight I'm just a little sad.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Legally can they remove and "disappear" the doors and such? I am not sure at this point I would have agreed to the house in the condition it is in....

It pays to take pictures when you first look at it I guess.... you can use them as leverage.... especially in a higher price bracket....

I feel bad for you. I hope that you change the locks once it is yours.... and that the BS stops.

SOOOO Sorry, but I must say that some of the a holes that live up north are pretty bad especially when they get into higher price brackets and think that they can dictate and do what they want. Then they act like 10 yr old spoiled brats.... it is all about money with so many nowadays.... get all you can and screw everyone on the way to an extra dollar.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Legally I think we do have recourse. We had the real estate agent, an inspector, my husband, and me go through and see everything before. There are also already pictures, both ours and the ones from the ad. Let's see what happens (I tell myself).
Lol, Jan, you are darn right about the jerks. They wouldn't make it long where I grew up. Nobody would want to do any business at all with them as reputation rules. Low brow behavior seems to be the default if they think they can get away with it here. Learning to hold people up against a wall by their word in writing and the law is not fun. Adulting, eh?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some people need to be taken behind the barn with a peach switch.

What a bummer to have to put up with such childish and vindictive behavior. It’s not a deal that you are going to walk away from, because you want this place, and they know it. But after closing, I sure would unload on them and tell them off. Scumbags with no morals.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
No. They told our agent the holes were always part of the house. They just had screws holding the shelves up in them. So we could either take them to court and lose the house and big deposit over $1.5 k of work or eat it. So DH decided we would eat it and take more retaliation 😒 There have been no new 5+ acre houses on the market in the area since we started this. Realtor will be there when we get the key and we will check things. I fear there may be more retaliation.

On a different note, the fence people want to start right away and these guys appear to be legit. They gave ME a teaching on how to put up a fence. I didn't have to tell them what needed to be done. They've been doing it for 38 years.

I still really want out of Mass, but I guess we'll just keep muddling along...

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good on the fence people.... Sounds like you will do good with them. Soon to be former owners are worse than MASS holes... and I am a born and bred "yankee",,,, but believe me, Mass people are not even considered real "yankees" because they are 99% jerks. If these people stay in the area, they will have a bad name with the realtors so will dig their own hole......
Sorry you are having to deal with this extra stress, but soon you will be done and they will be a very BAD memory......

Have you sold your other house? Hope your moving goes well, at least it won't take as long as mine has, but then I had and still have alot yet to do on this one.

Latest posts