rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I may as well do a herd role call.
I have a silkie horde that needs a new cock. No blacks or slivers. I decided to cull the black based line to a pet home after more incidence of cross beak and failure to thrive in just those colors, so all hens are mottled buff.

My bucks are
Rustic Wood's Black Tie Affair-for sale for throwing a high rate of people hating kids that I am tired of dealing with. They would be fine if I bottle raised, but I don't.
Hammock Haven Atlas
Bluebird Pond Dash's Flash-new, Eri's nephew, settled no does at his last home, but was used right off a trailer and it was HOT.
Dawnland Oberon (pending in ADGA pedigree limbo)-growout from last year
Mye Hearts Farm APR Antonio (growout from last year)
Noober buck kid waiting for G6s test to come back
One Blacktie buckling
One Atlas Buckling

Does are
Moon Mist LOG Purple Summer and her kid by Atlas named Elsa
Kaos Farm RWP Uranium and her kid by Atlas named Ellie
Epimetheus Lace(the buyer flaked on me) She has a skittish Blacktie buck kid
Hammock Haven Trinka and her skittish kid by Blacktie named Tonka
VVFarm Luck Be A Lady Tonight (for sale as a home milker) Lady's daughter is also waiting on a G6s test and may be for sale pending result
Merrie Mead Mallow
Little Orchard CD Lacey-makes a gallon on once daily milking
Little Orchard CD Hera-dry three year old, did not settle last year
Tru Leigh Dairy SH Buttah-milking yearling that I am drying up because she is too small for comfort
Fox's Pride Tutti Allegro
Bluebird Pond Erudite
Eri's daughter Eri

Of that I'm only milking Mallow, Lacey, and Erudite. Everyone else is either going dry or feeding babies because running the bucks and does in every night takes so long. Also, I don't need 9-10 gallons of milk/day.
Sugar(sold)'s daughter Jarrah

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am looking at a small 50x80 metal barn. They can be pricey as well... :hu
How pricy? I'm looking at 200,000 for a wood barn not counting demolition from one place for a 36x40. I'm concerned they will all be similar (as well as unresponsive). Any less?

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gee to most people that barn would be a very welcome building for storage, garage, workshop, etc!

$200K for a 36x40 barn? Is this one of those you posted with all the different rooms?
No, this was a different builders website and that one with lots of rooms was bigger-something like 30 or 40 x 60. I'm hoping either I'm incorrect somehow or that one builder is outrageously expensive. Things are expensive here but it can't be that bad, right?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so. For that kind of money I think you'd get a full height poured concrete foundation, electricity, water and sewer!! If that number is anything near correct my 35'x35' smaller timber frame barn in such bad shape I was told it would be cheaper to replace than repair isn't going anywhere!!!

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
How pricy? I'm looking at 200,000 for a wood barn not counting demolition from one place for a 36x40.
My 50x80 steal building with a cement floor is going to come in at about $110K. For 220K, we could get all of the wiring, lighting, 3 phase converter, HVAC, insulation and 16kW solar put in. I thought our building costs were high!

Latest posts