rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lady got sold this weekend. Her kids test results came in last night. Her buck is G6s normal. Her doe is a carrier. The doe (Spot the Galaxy, aka Spot) belongs to Dan and he is not selling. :\ I guess it's time to register them.
Looks like I have a little buck to make experimentals with, maybe add some of Lady's good qualities, but with a bit more mancha. I think I'm either going to call him Lady's Man or Noober.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I finally got a call back from any barn people. The metal barn people are backed up until spring and can't do estimates for a few more weeks because of the price and how hard it is to get construction stuff. But somebody finally got back to me. Not great news, but still news.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Old house is now under agreement. A bidding war did occur and house will go for about what Zillow values it at. It will feel nice to only have one place.

I got the little pond working. Not satisfied with the pump, so I'm getting a new one along with media for the water fall filter.

Not farm stuff but this stuff effects it.
Some of the animal shelters are coming tomorrow. They may be what we winter in (with the chicken house dry enough for hay hopefully).
I'm picking up some new cockerels to quarantine Saturday. Exciting.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is more an update for @B&B Happy goats than anyone else. On Thursday Moses discovered his true calling on earth-retrieving balls. After about an hour with Aiden and the tennis ball catapult stick he was pooped. Since then he's been retrieving all over the place. Currently he is retrieving sticks out of the tiny pond that fell in while we weren't looking in front of the house. He's not a stock dog. His job is to grab and bring stuff (and be loved on/do the loving). I see lots of slimy sticks and balls in our future.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is more an update for @B&B Happy goats than anyone else. On Thursday Moses discovered his true calling on earth-retrieving balls. After about an hour with Aiden and the tennis ball catapult stick he was pooped. Since then he's been retrieving all over the place. Currently he is retrieving sticks out of the tiny pond that fell in while we weren't looking in front of the house. He's not a stock dog. His job is to grab and bring stuff (and be loved on/do the loving). I see lots of slimy sticks and balls in our future.
Now you can keep both Moses AND the kids busy ! ...Next, teach him how to drag a bale of hay for you 😆

Latest posts