rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did the right thing for once and praised her for it. She gave me a look that said, "what is this? What do you think am I? The baby sitter?" And she guarded the buck shelter from the pups until I put them away. Then she sulked for the rest of the day. She was NOT happy. I'm pretty sure she'd prefer I kicked their butts for her.

She has a problem with the bigger dominant pup mostly. He's a bit of a fire cracker. Lots going on in the attic and ready to control the other puppy to get it (and willing to try to control all the other dogs in my pack). He may be too hot for here, but we'll see. I've already got a contact for someone working a large sheep operation that wants him and will take him if I feel we are only a two LGD farm. We've got options.

One brother is a sweet, very submissive, and timid. Bailey likes him. The other is a pack leader in the making, it looks like, and he needs to be working, making decisions, and telling other critters what to do.

Bailey's response to the puppies reminds me that she's my partner (and very much a smart, thinking one) and not just another farm animal. She was disgusted with me that day.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bailey's response to the puppies reminds me that she's my partner (and very much a smart, thinking one) and not just another farm animal. She was disgusted with me that day.
Gotta respect that! 😁 The submissive pup may liven up once the hellion brother is gone or Bailey gets a hold of him a time or two. 🤫

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
There may be a power struggle between Bailey and the bossy puppy. My female GP ruled until the male, Trip, took over. Now he submits to scrappy little Sentry. And Sentry gets mercilessly pounded on by Sheba. He puts up with it until he gets enough, then he gets serious and they tangle. Interesting how the power shift has moved around. The baddest dog is the smallest. LOL LOL

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
There may be a power struggle between Bailey and the bossy puppy. My female GP ruled until the male, Trip, took over. Now he submits to scrappy little Sentry. And Sentry gets mercilessly pounded on by Sheba. He puts up with it until he gets enough, then he gets serious and they tangle. Interesting how the power shift has moved around. The baddest dog is the smallest. LOL LOL
I'm curious, is Sheba a LGD or a scrappy pet dog?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheba is an Anatolian.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I remember Sheba now. Sorry about that.
Curve ball time,
The last illness we had where we lost our ability to taste and smell like a week ago was NOT covid. Now we have positive tests and covid officially this morning. Coughs all around, lead weight on the chest and lost ability to heat myself for me, fever for the baby, and DH staying up all night last night fretting over everyone. Dan and Aiden are coughing, grumpy, and bouncing off the walls like covid took all their inhibitions away...I guess they were young enough and their vaccines recent enough they only sort of got sick. Boosters, I guess I'm glad I got mine, because I'm only sort of limping/dragging through this. I've been hospitalized for junk like this before. Baby Shaun is already better than yesterday. I'll be keeping another eye on him tonight. Currently he's trying to poke a hole in my ankle with his thumb nail, motrin lapsed, so yes, he's doing great but in a terrible mood.

First due date in 12 days. I guess it's a good time to get this over with. Omicron is the start of the ones everyone will get. Farm stuff in maintenance mode until chores don't exhaust me. Due to this and the last illness we had I did not get the girls CDTed in time, so antitoxin for kids at disbudding, I guess.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've had a lot of virtual this week due to high sickie numbers...students and teachers and bus drivers! Sounds like a " sharing" event. Now, if this coming snow is heavy as some feel, they'll be virtual next week. Lotta mom's will be home, not at jobs. Circle around, trickle down. 🤔🤷

Hope everyone there is feeling better!

Last edited: